• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Curent Lake Temp

BradHawthorne

Main lake Water temp's as of today 7 AM 51.8 degrees...rain and wind have dropped it a tad in the last few days. Temps should bounce back with the warm temps tomorrow and Thursday. Weatherman says 70 degrees on Thursday...hope so, H20 temps in the mid to high 50's is great news...bad news for the Walleyes grin

Does anybody remember last years opener temp? If i recall it was around 47. Pretty friggen cold, and definetly lethargic fish!

Ya, it was 44-45 on my graph right away in the Am, in the afternoon it was 45-46.. defiantly cold.

Yup, it's cold. I filled up some leech water from the Pond today, and it was definitely not warm. No idea of actual temperature, but I wouldn't go swimming in it.

It might be cold, but definitely sounds warmer than last year! And looking at the forecast, should progress quickly.

Hey carmike, not trying to tell you how to do it. But with all the hype this year, i am too chicken to use lakewater for anthing!

Hope you hammer em' sat!

Good luck

Just got in from a little spin, 55.3... defiantly not swimming temp lol but it's a great temp to open up on.

Carmike is going to hammer them..... he has magic leeches wink Thanks for all the updates Brad, good luck to you and to all that hit the lake this weekend!

If the wind is reported to be 9 mph, how fast will it be on the water?

if i recall the wind formula conversion from the weather report to actual lake wind speed is.......weather times three plus 15 mph equals actual,so take 9 mph * 3+15=..............42mph a.f.w.s....or actual felt wind speed grin sorry always seems to be more on the lake though,few years back we went to upper red and had a 27mph west wind with snow and 29 deg temp at 5 am i asked john petrosky how he thought the fishing would be that morning and he said fine if you have a coast gaurd cutter ship....

Okay, well based on my interpretation of that is it will be 42 mph on the wind-blown shore. So how about in the middle or on the on the deeper windblown break? Please be more specific.

Well lets see...I need my gonkulator for this. If the wind is 42 mph on the windblown shore then it will be about 68.4 mph on the first windblown break. (the wind picks up speed as it comes up the break...sort of like the venturi affect)The reduced surface area causes a decrease in pressure therfore an increase in velocity.

(anybody got a shovel...its getting deep in here) laugh

just kidding around i guess you would have read the wind speed wherever you go on the lake i dont think there is a formula.

For sure....just jerking your chain. If you have a semi-accurate wind forcast for the area like Isle for instance, that is probably what it will be on the lake. Of course when they say 15-25 mph, thats a minor irritation on land but that will get that lake rolling pretty good and it will feel like 50 mph especially downwind. From the forcast I am looking at, tomorrow shouldnt be too bad but it will be kicking pretty good on Sunday. Good Luck and wear a life jacket!