Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
traveler

Hey, It's almost opener!!

traveler

Lets hear some chatter here:)!

Seems like just a couple weeks ago we were "suffering" thru the warmest winter/early spring in memory, and that it would be FOREVER till opener:) And...here we are! Boats are in (and running well...whew) the dock isn't quite in place due to really low water in the river, just the opposite of last years super high water. But I'll be at the cabin from opener thru the folowing weekend, so whats the rush, right?

Forecast for opening weekend looks good so far, the legislature is going to vote YES on the Vikings bill today...man, I LOVE spring:) Can't wait for those fresh walleyes frying in the pan!!

powerpro2

I can't wait to be finished with college finals!!! Gonna be truckin' from Grand Forks straight to Waskish on friday! Perfect way to celebrate polishing off sophomore year of college poundin' walleyes on Red!!! Opener can't come any sooner!!

traveler

I'm wondering how this low water will affect walleyes in the river. we're used to being able to catch fish off the dock, at least until the boat traffic puts em' down, it will be interesting to see if they're still in the river this year with the (not quite so) early spring and the continued very low water. Looks like it's down about 18 inches from last year (when it was way high) by the looks of my dock...

MIDNIGHT777

Traveler,

I'll be on red for the 4th year in a row for opener and cant wait. I have never fished the river (never really had to) so dont know what that will be like. I say the fishing will be very good as usual. I bet we start to consistently see bigger fish if this last winter is any indicator. But, doubt we will have a problem filling out with nice keepers. I will probably start early pulling cranks early morn. and slow down when the traffic shows up.

Matt

traveler

This will only be our 2nd opener at the cabin, but we just fish the river opening weekend to avoid the zoo downstream:) Of course, if we're not into fish we'll be down there in a heartbeat!

It will be interesting to see if the bigger fish we saw this winter will be a major part of the spring catch...let's hope so.

cookie129

I'll be taking Jim Dusty and Sten out saturday for the day. I never count on the river. For some reason the best year in the river was the first year they reopened walleye.The second year was also pretty darn good.Since then it seems to me it has never been like that again.My plan at this time is to head up on the north shore. With my 20 foot tyee a little concerned about the low water .I'll have to have the guys all sit up in the front going out and coming in I think .The weather looks pretty nice should be another great opener. Gool luck to all and please be safe out there

cookie129

wow come home for lunch and just like that both my groups for the cabins are not coming. Ouch did not see that coming. I still have a few guys staying down at the lake and I think Sten, jim and Dusty are still coming.

traveler

Guess that was an expensive lunch!:) Hopefully someone will call last minute for you, but it's getting late in the game.

We really only fish the river on opener cause we can do it from the dock, kind of watch the world go by:) Well, what little bit of the world is 2 miles up river anyway! The river slowed way down last year as soon as the boat traffic picked up, I think this year we might be fishing the lake pretty quickly.