• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The outlook on opener looks good, bait supplies seem to be good around the Grand Rapids, Deer River area and the folks fishing panfish are coming in with good reports. After all the dump as we are all saying about the new law on the AIS stickers, I think it’s time to put that behind and get some fishing in!

I read this morning that Fred's had a good supply of Shiners.

Friday just can't get here quick enough!!!

I'm heading to Winnie for the first time ever on opener. From what I've read jig and a minnow in 15-3 feet. Are there any particular areas better than others with the current water temps? I'm curious about all the jumbo perch I've read about as well. Best of luck to everyone!

If you are fishing in 15-30 ft you will not be bothered by other boats!!! It is going to be a shallow bite 5-10 feet. 1/4- 1/16 th ounce jig with a shiner minnow on it will be fished by 90% of the people on the lake. Plenty of perch mixed in with the walleyes. North and West shores, HighBanks, The Gap are all good opener spots. Keep movin til you get bit!!!

Be Safe!

If you get into the crowds, watch what they are doing and do THE SAME THING! Most popular spots will have a crowd that will drift through the productive spots, get out of the herd and motor AROUND the outside of the herd. Don't be the guy that trolls against trafic or, god forbid, drop an anchor in the middle of the traffic pattern and fan cast bobbers.

Jig and minnow is always a good option for Winni. Perch pattern is a good start as well as green. Don't be shy about jigging because they like to hit a moving jig. 4' to 15' unless it is calm. Rocks, gravel or weeds if you can find them.