Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Ballyhoo

Where is everyone going to start????

Ballyhoo

Always started in 4 mile bay on the opener but I might have to rethink that plan and go right to the lake.

curt quesnell

I would bet fishing will be great in the Light House and Morris Point Gaps. Dont overlook just out of the Jetty at Zippel, Twin Islands out of Long Point...and hundreds of other hot spots, they should all be going.

Good Luck everyone

Boar

All along the S shore should be awsome. Hope to be at zipple myself

LakeoftheWoods

rocky point

Hoey

I will be spending the opener weekend around home without fishing, its Mother's day WE. My Mom will not be around for ever, so I make it a standing date to spend some dedicated time with her. Also, my wife is an excellent Mother and she too needs to be recognized. In addition, our church hosts a Mother's day brunch, sponsored by our Military Family Support Group.

I will probably also clean the coils on my outdoor AC condensing unit and spray danidelions.

Good luck to all on the opener. Be safe, have fun, and report back please.

Effie07

I have Mother's Day weekend figured out! I am taking Mama and the kids to Zippel for opener. She doesn't mind coming fishing one bit now that they have the log cabins at Zippel and it's only a short trip back in off the lake to drop her and one or more of the kids off at the cabin if they get tired. Our first boy Hank, born Sept 6th will be making his first trip to LOW for opener. Not a bad way to spend his first ever opener. Hope everyone has a safe and successful weekend and hopefully I will have some pictures to post following this weekend.

jwmiller33

I will be out from lighthouse gap, probably start in the 18-22 ft range and do some searching, probably spend some time out infront of the big pine as well. I'm bringing the trolling rods with and going to put the new I-pilot to the test and pull some cranks and cover some ground out there. It never hurts to try something out of the norm up there. Usually, if the fish are snappin up there, it is more about getting a lure in front of their face rather than type of presentation

WoodlandSavage

Always started in 4 mile bay on the opener but I might have to rethink that plan and go right to the lake.

Do you think the fish will be out of the bay? We always start there too. Sometimes it's best just the park there all day rather than try to move around. But if the fish aren't there, then for sure gotta go searchin'

Ballyhoo

the more I think about it, I bet there are fish still coming from the river as spawning didn't happen as early as they thought it would. I think it is worth the stop.

LOTW_Outdoorsman

There should be plenty of hot spots on Saturday! I've had some great fishing on the openers at Wheelers Point, Four Mile Bay, Lighthouse Gap, Morris Gap and just out from the Zipple Bay jetty. Depending on the wind and conditions, each spot should be able to produce this opener. I'm personally starting with a few bags of frozen shiners and heading to the lake...24' - 26'. I wish everyone a very safe and productive opener, wherever you're fishing!

Happy Fishing and God Bless!

Lake of the Woods Outdoorsman

WhiskeyPete

I won't tell and the dog still ain't talkin'! grin