Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Jim Uran

HSO get together!!

Jim Uran

June 2 to June 3rd

Big Rock lake is located in the south west corner of Clearwater County. It's located on the Height of the Land Road which runs from State Hwy 113 all the way to State Hwy 200. It's about halfway though to 200.

It's a beautful lake, there is also a small channel back to another part of the lake that doesn't get hit too often. There is a good population of walleys, crappies, and bluegills in the lake. And there are also numerous lakes out there with great fishing.

Plan on fishing, eating, cooking, sleeping, fishing, and whatever else. Should be a great time. You can chose to bring your camping gear and camp, or just fish for the evening and head home. I'll be camping out there regardless.

Let's get a roll call going.

Here is a map of the area

full-11084-20189-bigrocklakemap.jpg

i'majigger

Unless something REALLY REALLY important comes up I plan on being there. I have always wanted to try some of those little puddles up there so now is the chance

Reno

Sounds Great, and would really love to go..unfortunately it is the same weekend as the Pelican Classic. Have a Great Time!

Steve

LengbyPrincess

are the women invited!?? :P

Jim Uran

Hahaha!! My thoughts exactly BB!!

Ok I spent the weekend out there this weekend, what a beautiful lake. The fishing was so-so but I had a few guys that are a little green when it comes to fishing so I just messed around and got them on some 'Gils and crappies. They were pretty abundant, and it turned out to be a beautiful day yesterday after the wind died down.

Looking forward to the Get together!!!!!

Scoot

This sounds awesome! I wish I could make it...

pushbutton

Is anyone going to fish Sunday? Got any space in a boat....or tow me on a air mattress? If I could get a hall pass would not get up there till later Sat., but seems like fun.......

Jim Uran

I'll be there sunday for sure. I've got a little 14 footer with a minkota strapped on the back that I'll be bringing out to fish out of so you are more than welcome to it.

Gordie

Jim what is the puplic access like and what do you think for a size of a boat it will handle?

Thanks

Jim Uran

When I had my 18 foot Lund Tyee I dropped that in there plenty of times....

Gordie

Thanks Jim,

I would really love too attend this and will have to see how things fall into place. Maybe I can make the journey with pushbutton.

I hope to see ya

Jim Uran

That would be great!

pushbutton

Gordie, I have to work sat. but June starts to slow up and can probably be done early afternoon. If your going to pull would be glad to fork over gas....if not, meet me at my place and will drive. You can sleep in Jim's tent though grin Related....why wouldn't you guys want women there ? I know I don't have the "rugged good looks" that Jim does, but would gladly make room for his girlfriend in my tent shockedwink

Gordie

PushButton I will keep in contact and Im sure we can figure out something but as for sleeping arangems I think you got it wrong. grin Thas as far as I'm going with it.

i'majigger

Pretty quiet here, is this outing still a go? I am watching the weather and unless it sounds like rain I am still interested in going. Looking forward to meeting Leechbait (Jim) and picking his brain a little about all the little ponds I have been looking at while snowmobiling and 4 wheeling up in that neighborhood. Let's get the ball rolling!!!

Scoot

... but would gladly make room for his girlfriend in my tent shockedwink

LOL. Careful now...

This should be a fun deal- I encourage anyone who can make it to go! I wish I could, but I'm committed for the weekend.

TyGuy02

I might be able to make it on sunday, definitely can't do an overnighter with a 5 month old but could swing an all day trip. My parents had a cabin on pickerel lake when I was a kid and I love that area. If I can make it I could bring my boat so if others are thinking of being able to do the same thing as me and don't have a boat, no worries.

Jim Uran

Pushbutton I'll sleep right between you and Gordie.. lol And yes I encourage anyone that has the time to go to go! It will be a fun time. The fishing is pretty darn good right now too.

Jim Uran

I'll also say I'll be out there no matter what!!

Jim Uran

Looking ok for the weekend smile

full-11084-21000-campingweather.jpg

paceman

Looks like an awesome weekend for you guys. I will be spending saturday at a soccer game for my daughter and then a Tae Kwon Do tourney for my son and wife.

Scoot

The weather looks wonderful! I hope a good number of people show up for this- I bet it'll be fun!

TylerS

Hmmmm....I might just have to swing out for this. Looks like a hoot! Any specific time people plan on getting out there? My father in law might be coming up for the weekend and I promised him some fish. If Ottertail doesn't pan out, I might be able to talk him into a bit further trek...

Jim Uran

I believe anytime will work, I plan on being out there Friday night. Most likely by myself. So Obviously I'll be there all day saturday thru sunday. I'm going to leave my number here so that if anyone gets twisted up in the brush they can call me. 218 204 1633. Feel free to call.

I'll mark the turn into the lake with something... not quite sure what yet but I"ll make sure to post it here when I do. Also when coming in on the Height of the Land Road from hwy 113, it's 5 miles or so back. You will run into two road signs along the way, one is the Angus Lake Road, which turns to the west, and a little farther up the road you will run into LITTLE rock lake road, which turns to the east. Those are good reminders along the way saying that you didn't miss your turn lol. It's about a 1/2 or so past the Little Rock lake road where the access to Big Rock is, which is on the east side of the road. I don't want to make it sound complicated but when you turn off to the Big Rock Access once you get to the landing take a right and that will lead you around the first bay into the campground areas!