• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

is the lake ahead of schedule?

dfv87

Due to the early ice out but then the colder April is the lake way ahead of schedule or should the normal opener spots still be produtive? Should a guy think about moving away from warmer spots on the sand for example?

All indications around the state where walleye angling is legal right now is that nothing is ahead of schedule.

Walleyes in the Mississippi are still reported having eggs and milt when caught recently! And the river water was 52 degrees on the 21st of April!

I believe our warm March has neutralized by a cool and wet April.

Water temps as of today 52-53 degrees..I'll be rigging secondary breaks and transitions. Good luck on opener!

I put the boat in the lake this weekend and took it out for a spin. I plugged in the depth finder to see if I could mark some fish, and I saw a few off the rock/mud transitions in 26 ft and a few out on the mud. Not much, though, and I didn't see any in shallow, but I never do with the small cone angle. But if ther's any wind at all, I'll be trolling in shallow during low-light periods. Calm conditions, and I'll be fishing a little bit of everything until I figure them out.