Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
jjz

Ossie Muskie

jjz

Just had about 14 to 18 lbs muskie try to seek shade under my boat while looking for crappies and sunnies. Not to say it has a population, but I can be certain 1 forked tail devil calls Ossawinnamakee home.

CaptainMusky

The lake was stocked with Muskies many moons ago, but I do not believe it is stocked anymore. So any fish left are either naturally reproducing, dumped in there by some rogue fisherman or migrating in from that creek.

Cool to see though I am sure.

jjz

I suspect a migrater or random rogue stocking. Just wondering if anyone else has seen or caught any out of Ossie lately.

3pronghook

how is the bowfishing on ossie? if one 14-18 lb muskie gets attention, im sure a school of 20 lb carp might too? anyone shoot this lake?

jjz

Saw one 20 lbs or so carp. Lots of redhorse in places. I usually quit fishing ossie after opener. hope this helps.

gregg52

55 incher came out of there a few yrs back

jjz

Saw another one. This one was mid 40s 20lbs or so in farmers bay. She was cruising about 2 foot down in 12 feet. Hopefully looking for a male cause she was real fat.

Akerman

There are tiger muskies in Ossie, some are pretty good size. The "carp" that people see in there are actually bigmouth buffalo and there are some big ones in there.

jjz

I havent seem any tigers yet, just the two muskies. Both of their tails were way too pointy to be anything else. I am going to fish ossie a little harder for the next couple of weeks for walleyes, been seeing a fair amount of bigger eyes cruising weedlines, hopefully the rec traffic stays light so I can do more sight fishing and maybe see more muskies to get an idea of some spots for them when it opens, if I get that bored fishing walleyes.

Akerman

Clear lake, which is tied to ossie has muskies in it too, their favorite bait is anything you throw for bass! Lots of fat walleyes to be found on clear too. It holds up it's name, better before the sun peaks over the trees and the sun lays back down at night. big walleyes.

jjz

I have heard clear has big, harder to catch walleyes too. Another close lake to home I am going to give a closer look for eyes on short days. Let u know if I see any skis.

Dylan76

Great crappie fishing in May this year on Ossie! I'll be up this weekend. How has the bite been recently? Bass, pike, walleye?