Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Scupper

West 212 to Spearfish?

Scupper

Traveling to Spearfish SD this July.

I'm in the metro 5 minutes from 212. Wife wants to motor down to I-90 and proceed west. I don't have a problem with 212 but she feels more comfortable to travel the double lane freeway systems.

Hows 212 when one gets away from town? Double, single lane, speed limits???

Thanks.

Scott

pulsar_nx

Mostly double to brownton, 60 mph thereafter. You could also take hwy 7 to Montevideo and hop on 212 as part of 212 between monte and granite falls may be detoured then.

jigginjerk

I'm with pulsar, take 7 to monti and pick up 212. I just got back from Pierre and take that route every year. Good road to Redfield, thats as far as I took it,and it's 60 mph to the border and 65 from there. Two lane except through Watertown. Not a lot to see except pheasants and farmland, but a nice drive.

Ice_Fishin07

212 has got too many towns so slow drive take 7 to monti then 212 like the other guys have said.

Tom7227

Nothing wrong with going through small towns. I enjoy stopping at small cafes and eating with the locals. Take one out and another back and enjoy the scenery. There is absolutely nothing to see on 90.

Scupper

Thanks for the advise fellah's.

I welcome the adventure aspect and sights unseen by myself even if it's only countryside.

Thanks again,

Scott

quadfisherman

If you need a rest stop and you're in Watertown, stop in at the Terry Redlin Art Center. When coming in to Watertown it will be to your left after you go under I-29. Its a big building and doesn't look like it should be there. All but a few of his originals are there.

At Redfield you could drop down to Miller and go west to Pierre. Beautiful capital buildings there and Oahe Dam.If you keep going on Hwy 14 it'll eventually take you to I-90 somwhere around Wall Drug.

I lived out in Rapid City and my parents lived by Watertown so I-90 got boring. You still have to suffer through west river, SD but there are some things to see.

Hillbiehle

Be careful on 212 with regards to the speed limit.

Jarrod32

Mostly double to brownton, 60 mph thereafter. You could also take hwy 7 to Montevideo and hop on 212 as part of 212 between monte and granite falls may be detoured then.

Yep. This is the best route...this is the route I use when I have to travel to the Twin Cities.

You can stay on 212, but it will get awfully sparse (and the road is not as good) once you get west river. Like others have said, drop down to Miller and take Highway 14 to Pierre, or take 83 south to Pierre (right after you go through Gettysburg). From Pierre, either 14 to Wall or take 83 south from Pierre and catch the interstate.

amateurfishing

funny, i have exact same plans end of June, is 212 4 lane all the way? in parts? im in elk river...was planning 169 to 90...is going due west better, faster, easier?

Jarrod32

212 will be 2-lane most of the way. Compared to going to I-90, 212 will be shorter and you will use less gas. But it will take you just as long to get there...

quadfisherman

There is construction on 212 from Granite Falls to HWY 75. Just to let you know. I'm not sure when it'll be done. Check DoT road maps

Dan Brelje

I went to school in Spearfish and traveled to and from home about 3-4 times a year. Fastest route I found was to take 169 to mankato, 60 to worthington, and Interstate 90 the rest of the way.

212 and hwy 34 in SD are not bad choices, but you can usually bet on a good chunk of road construction during the summer months smile