• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking for some excellent hunting photos

Jeremy airjer W

We are updating the cover photo on the HSO Facebook page and are looking for some really nice hunting photos to incorporate into the new collage.

Specifically any photo of your hunting adventures that would make you say "wow what a great photo" would be considered. The photo should be a large good quality image ( 600 to 800+ pixels wide would be awesome). Photos should also be your own personal images and you would agree to have them used in our timeline cover.

More than likely there will be several cover images created to reflect different seasons. Once I have them completed I will post them all here so you can see the finished images.

Feel free to post your pics in this thread. If you're a little shy no worries feel free to email them to me. grin

Thanks in advance!

Do you want them posted on here or emailed of added to the FB page?

Sorry, post them here. I'll change the above to reflect that.

I think we may have found a fall background image! Nice pics!

Great stuff so far guys!

Here are a few, I hope you enjoy them

P1010143.jpg

P1010117.jpg

100_2219-1.jpg

P1050193-2.jpg

P1050193.jpg

065.jpg

P1050107.jpg

203-Copy.jpg

i remember this great picture. snow sticking to everything, and an awesome buck. good luck.

If Remy would have turned his head TOWARD the camera instead of away, I'd say this was my best photo ever. That said, I still like it:

IMG_0977-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Gordies duck blind shot over the diver blocks gets my vote. That stirs up great memories! BC

It took much longer than expected but I have a finished product. Thanks to everyone that posted photos, it was not easy choosing just a few.

full-243-21131-hsocoverpics.png

Here is a photo of Owen who harvested this doe the last year of his life. I realize I posted this too lake but still thought it was worth posting for others to see how happy one can be harvesting a doe.

I guided Owen for the Twist of Fate annual archery hunt I guide for each year in North Dakota. The hunters are all severally handi capped.

Owen explained to me that everyone in his family had harvested a deer and said all he wanted to do before he passed was harvest one deer. Owen explained to me he had a disease that was not cureable and that they were expierementing on him to try and find a cure so others may have some hope in the future for a cure or to at least extend thier life. Owen was a gem of a person and it was an honor to guide him for the 4 days he attended the hunt.

Well, Owen shot this deer in Sept. of 07 and passed 5 months later.

One very happy person to say the least or I should say 2 happy people as I was as excited as Owen was when he sent the bolt flying and it it home very well.

I will never shoot a deer myself that will ever be as large as this one. I would say a deer from GOD.

mypictures.jpg

Harvey you brought tears to my eyes. Good luck this fall with all of your hunts. Sometimes pictures are nice but it's the story that goes with them so write them down.

Yes, there was alot more to Owens story as with all others. I typically do not even post the harvest pictures.

I have a wounded Marine vet from the Viet-Nam era this fall to guide. Lost both legs and 1 arm in a rocket attack. Yes, it is diffucult to harvest a deer with a crossbow with only 1 arm. I made a adjustable T holder to hold the frame of the crossbows so the fellows with only 1 arm can hold and shoot using this brace I built. Otherwise there is no way they could hold the crossbow and shoot.

I love to guide all the handi capped archers but the war vets are alot of fun as the stories they can tell are amazing. Most all will talk about thier time in service and war and how they were injured.

Talking about tears, when we have the hog raost and banquet on the last day of the hunt, there are many wet eyes as some of the hunters come up and talk about thier hunt and the deer they harvested.

We raise enough funds or close to it at the banquet along with donations to pay for the following years hunt.

Most years with 12-15 hunters, we have approx an 80% harvest average. last fall, we had our first 100% kill for the invited hunters. Some years there are one or two hunters who cannot attend as thier health issues keep them from attending the last minute. If one of the hunters do not harvest a deer, they are guarenteed to be invited back the next fall.

All of the invited archers have to get to the camp at thier expense and from there on out, everything is given to them for no charge. That includes thier license and the deer processing.

here is a link to the Twist of fate website.

On the homepage photo, I am the first standing guide on the east or right side of the sign with a cap on. I lost count how many years I have helped with this hunt as a guide and I believe this fall will be my 12th or 13th season.

I will say this, it is alot of work to put this hunt on but the feeling one gets helping another out to enjoy the outdoors expierence that they could not do without help is a feeling that one cannot explain. This is honestly the highlight of my hunting season.

http://www.twistoffatend.org/

My hat is off to you Harvey and thanks for the link,if everything aligns I will see this fall in camp as a guide.

If you call TOF, call and talk with Brad or Marlo, if you need the numbers if they are not listed on the website, just shoot me a PM and I will forward then to you.

if you mention my name to either, say Tom as that is my real name, harvey is my user name.

If you call TOF, call and talk with Brad or Marlo, if you need the numbers if they are not listed on the website, just shoot me a PM and I will forward then to you.

If you mention my name to either, say Tom as that is my real name, harvey is my user name.

They typically give me some help some years as my back is not that great so if you are interested in helping, just tell either Brad or Marlo you talked with me and would like to work with me.

That would be fine with me.