Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Jaspernuts

Where are you going for opener and where do you think they(walleye) will be?

Jaspernuts

I will be going to madison because I have a lift on the lake and then do not have to fight at the access. I think it will be a tough bite this year with the clear water. The lake is crazy clear this year. Last year I got a few in 8 feet but that's not likely this year being you can see bottom in that depth. Im thinking a quick morning and evening bite and a lot of nothing in-between. Hopefully we have some wind for a better shallow bite.

zepman

Don't let the clear water keep you from going after those shallow eyes on Madison. Many times, I've sight fished for them out there in under 3 ft. of water. Nothing better.

Jaspernuts

I will give em a go, hopefully they are there. Last year they were so spooky the only way they you could get them to bite was on the drift. If you tried to go upwind with the trolling motor, no go.

Matt C

I've hit Madison the past 3 years on opener with limited success. This year I am heading to Pool 4 and Lake Pepin.

Nolan

Im going to hit Nokomis. I figure with the eletric only rule no one else will be out there.

Matt C

Im going to hit Nokomis. I figure with the eletric only rule no one else will be out there.

That sounds like fun!

I have to admit, growing up in Burnsville, going to HS @ Holy Angels, I have never fished Nokomis. Hung out around that lake for 4 years... Anyhoo... Good luck!

therat

Lots of nice eyes in Nokomis. And as for Madison...I've caught eyes that were beaching themselves chasing bait in clear water.

zepman

I've hit Madison the past 3 years on opener with limited success. This year I am heading to Pool 4 and Lake Pepin.

Last couple of years have been stinkers for me out there too.

pikerliker

Madison is one of my favorite lakes, but not on the opener. I just am not a fight at the landing and then play bumper boats on the lake fan. I'd rather find a more out of the way spot for the opener even if that means catching fewer fish. Not sure where that destination is yet I'll probably make up my mind at the last minute... and then change it on my way to the lake. wink

dan z

going north... Usaully hit up the river but going north this year as the weekend we usually go we have a family gathering at target field. Not much for walleyes were I'm going but I know the lake has plenty o slimmers to pull on the line.

TruthWalleyes

I think i'll stay local this year again and fish washington. If it is anything like last year, it should only take 3 hours to catch a limit. First walleye for me last year on opener came 9 minutes after midnight, and the boat wasn't in the lake until midnight. wink Walleyes in shallow over rocks/gravel.

You boys have fun fighting the landings in the morning; I'll cooking walleye for breakfast.

Not another boat on the lake last year until sunrise. I think we fished until 7am and it was fun showing the opener crowd what a limit of 19" walleyes looks like.

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubb...ult#Post2586393

full-26433-20041-full_26433_8702_img_349

DooWap

Boundary Waters, won't be any fighting at the landing or for any spots for me.

mikeymike

I would think with the lack of pressure this winter it should be good. The clear water is not good tho. Good luck all :-)

KTapper

I will be heading up to Mille Lacs from May 13-18th and can't wait!

Comit 2

I think I'll be on Tetonka throwing Muskie baits. The way I have it figured is it isn't a Muskie lake so I can be fishing for Muskies! grin

thore

Mikeymike dont be afraid of that clear water and by definition no lakes in southern mn really meet that criteria. You just have to fish it a little different thats all

brian6715

I will be fishing the deep holes in the backwaters of pool 4 for trophy fish... you guys can have all the 19 inchers you want, nothing beats pool 4 this time of year for 25"+ fish smile

Comit 2

Because this must be about Walleyes!

I will be fishing in the south central area because I know there will be Walleyes in the area. If the wind is not to strong I will be fishing In no deeper then 10' of water on an area lake. If the wind is strong I will head to a local river and shore fish.

I will not put 100% of my effort into hunting Walleyes. It is just the first day and there will be to many eye watching for the Great and Wonderful fish of all fish THE WALLEYE to be boated.