• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New way to listen to NCOR...The weekend fishing outlook...FINAL NCOR OF THE SUMMER

A couple of things on the Weekender. Erica Wayne from TRF Park and Rec talks about the Minn Aqua kids fishing day coming up Tues Aug 7th. Then long time LOW angler Dave Halvorson talks about what they did last weekend to turn their fishing day around. Great information to take to the lake this weekend. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page to listen to the Weekender podcast.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• curt quesnell

• NAMASafetyDirector

• magnum mike

• LOTW_Outdoorsman

Off the water due to our county fair I was bummin until I ran into my buddy Steve Dahlen. Steve was still excited about a charter boat trip he was on last weekend. It was such a great trip I had him start over and recorded the thing. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page to hear the podcast about this perfect day on the water.

About what you would expect and the fish are in predictable places. We give you one of the best spots on the lake to fish RIGHT NOW. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page to hear today's podcast.

With temps near and just over 100 degrees keeping cool is a big deal for Johnnie Candle, pre fishing for an MWC event out in South Dakota. Hear his positive spin on what must be a brutal day. Click on the NCOR logo at the top of this page to get the podcast of this show

I know some of you fish Cats over in the Red River. The Cats Incredible Derby is this weekend. On the show today I talk with event organizer Brad Durick and we set up the weekend. There is some surprising information revealed. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page to listen to the podcast of this show

I did the interview and listened to it a couple of times afterward to make sure I got all of the information Brian Holmer gave up on the NCOR Weekender.

Brian has entered the AIM Tournament coming to LOW the weekend of August 18th so it is important he give most everything a try..

Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page to listen to the Weekender podcast

You can enter this event and compete against the best Walleye fishers in the world (and you will have home court advantage). Tournament Director Kurt Kainz lays it out on today's show. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page to listen to the podcast.

Who do you think won the Lindy Little Joe tackle on the show today? Find out by clicking the NCOR logo at the top of this page and listening to todays podcast

Curt,

There is a whole group of people that organizes and plans Cats Incredible for a whole year. Perhaps you have been misinformed if you've been lead to believe it's the work of one person.

It seems like fish are being caught in every possible way now but it is the "where" that is getting to be an issue. Johnnie Candle has some tips you can use this weekend where ever you fish but Lake of the Woods for sure. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page to listen to this podcast.

The Charter boats are out every day and if you can get a great charter operator to tell you what they are doing and how it is working as you plan your weekend of fishing, how do you pass that up? You dont.

Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page to get the skinny from today's NCOR podcast

I dont think that even a cold front can cool this bite down.

Capt Paul Johnson tells me what the River Bend Charters have been doing this week and, the sure thing for the weekend all on the NCOR Weekender. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page to listen to the podcast. See you out there

I wonder if the kids are as excited about it as I am. Erica Wayne from TRF Park and Rec on NCOR today to talk about it.

Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page to listen to the podcast of today's show.

Sure it gets busy. Time on the water is time well spent. Just make sure you spend the time in the right places

Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page to get some help from the podcast of todays show.

Also a new video up on the NCOR page today. The NCOR Crestliner boat for sale video. Watch it

I talk about MinnAqua with Johnnie Candle and he tells me about the on the water fishing school he and Bruce Sampson are having in Sept on Lake Vermillion. Worth a listen. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page to hear the podcast.

Saturday Aug 18th is the day and it is getting really close now. Things you might want to know if your are thinking about fishing it....Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page to listen to the podcast.

Talk to Nick Painovich from Zippel Bay and he spills the beans on where the Charters have been going this week (and mostly close to home) Great fishing so you ought to be off the water in plenty of time to attend the Pro Seminars at Lake of the Woods High School at 7p Saturday night. Mike Gofron, Scott Duncan, Marianne Husky and Chase Parsons. Either pay 10 bucks or bring a couple of non perishable food items for the Food Shelf. Kids under 17 are Free. Be there.

Big time internet hardware issues in the building yesterday carrying over into today. Yestdays show will be up AND today's show will follow. By around 7 am this morning I ought to be caught up. Sorry for the delay.

Big Tourney on LOW this week and the Lions Fishing derby in TRF on Saturday this week. Big events, big fun big rewards for everyone involved.

Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page to hear the podcasts of Monday and Tuesdays shows a little later this morning.

I made a short video from last weeks MinnAqua Clinic in TRF. A great day! That video will be up later today on the NCOR Page too

The weather turning nasty and the wind blowing hard out of the NW does not necessarily put the big time pros off of their game. Johnnie Candle shares tournament set up and what nasty weather really means to the big guys. Click the NCOR logo at the top of the page and click on the podcast banner to listen in to this show

Man, I had a great time up at the AIM Tournament last week.

Despite the blow day on Thursday thing straightened out and it was very impressive. On NCOR today Kurt Kainz, the AIM Tournament Director joins me and we recap the event. Click on the NCOR logo at the top of this page to listen to todays podcast.

The Thief and Red Lake Rivers are beautiful additions to our community. Also, they are FULL OF FISH. Saturdays 7th Annual TRF Lions Club Fishing Tournament results will surprise you.....again this year. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page and click on the podcast banner to listen in to this program

Johnnie Candle followed the AIM event on LOW last week on line, watching the weighins and checking the leaderboards. Hear what good things he has to say about the last AIM Tournament of the season. Johnnie is on the road filming a TV show for next season and still got up early for the show. It's a good one today. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page and open the podcast banner to listen to this show.

BTW. If you haven't watched the videos yet spend some time checking out how our season has gone at the NCOR webpage. New videos and some classic favorites are there in the Video Live Well. These videos will all come down in a couple of weeks to get ready for new fall vids. Check em out.

In rambling about the AIM Pro Walleye event on Lake of the Woods and wondering how a touring Walleye Pro can get on fish in such a hurry I reveal two of the hottest hot spots on the lake this month. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page and click on the podcast banner to listen to today's show.

John Thelens latest This Week On The Water is back on Lake of the Woods

and a good view

Nick Painovich on NCOR today. I got him yesterday live in his boat. A good listen.

Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page and click the podcast banner to listen in.. Have a great weekend!

Seems like they fished pretty much the whole lake using all techniques. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page and listen to the podcast of today's show. (click that podcast banner once you get there and you will find the last several programs.)

I set the hook into a fish on Saturday morning and lost the jig right away (even with Fireline, you need to retie a couple times a year). Then, a half hour later we got a nice Walleye and my jig back. This is rare but will happen when you are sitting on top of a bunch of fish on the feed bag. There are some things you can do to catch even the fish that might get away when they are all right below you and wont leave. Thats the topic on NCOR today. What stories have you got along this line to share here?

http://soundcloud.com/ncor/ncor-8-29-johnnie-candle

I am trying something new here this morning and I dont know that it will work. Hopefully you can just play todays show right here and not have to leave this page. Hopefully you can browse other information on our favorite web form while you listen. If it does not work at least I tried.

OK It wasnt exactly what I expected but hopefully this will make it easier to listen...let me know what you think.

Works great. Typing this as I listen. Thanks for all the work you put into this Curt, it is a great tool for those who fish LOW.