Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Jim Uran

I have an idea

Jim Uran

For a get together!!!

For those that are into camping and don't mind spending a night back in the "brush"

I've got a few lakes that I fish that have decent campgrounds on them. Great fishing too, from sunnies and crappies to pike and walleyes!

Just trying to gauge if there is anyone interested in doing something like this. I actually go back and camp quite a bit during the summer, there are a ton of lakes along the Height of the land road and the strawberry mountain road that have quality fishing in them and those lakes can be explored during the day, but there are only a few that have camping available

Sometime in May would be the best, or heck even June. I tend to slow my camping down when the bugs start bombarding me smile

If anyone would be game for something like this, let us know!!!!!!!!

Jim:

Count me in, any weekend but Memorial. Even that campground on Long is not too far out of the way especially for "secret" lake that we hammered them end of day this winter; and that is a nice campground that they probably spray for bugs too. Not "back in the brush" but just a thought.

Jim Uran

Yeah that's an idea too. Otherwise look up Big Rock lake, google earth it or whatever lol. It's a decent fishing lake surrounded by awesome lakes. And it has a decent campground set up with an old outhouse.... better than hunching over in the brush like a bear HAHAHA!!!

eyedawg

I'd be game Jim

Scoot

Cool idea, Leechy! Do the lakes you're thinking about have accesses on them? I've got an 18' Skeeter- could I put it in most of these bodies of water? I'm not sure if I could swing it or not, but it'd sure be fun! I'm very interested...

Bass Whacker

I sure wish I wasnt moving home tommorow to start work. That sounds like alot of fun.

Jim Uran

Yes Scoot they do, I've had my 18 foot Tyee in all the lakes I care to fish back there. There are a few lakes out there that you wouldn't be able to get in to but there are plenty you can access.

Now when we set a date, we will just have to hope and pray for good weather lol.

Jim Uran

Yeah Basswhacker... Just skip out on work and come back up for the weekend smile

Ok it's going to either be the weekend of May 19th or the Weekend of June 2nd....

Jim Uran

Ok, so apperently I have a group of people coming up from a church in Coon Rapids on the weekend of May 19-21.

So the logical thing to do is just call it a June 2nd deal. So let's get together on June 2nd and catch some fish, cook some good food, drink a few cups of coffee or a couple of adult beverages and talk fishing!!!

Scoot

Dang- I'm out. I'll be in the Duluth area fishing a tourney with a buddy. That being said, there was a good chance I wouldn't make it regardless of the date- such is life...

Leechy, after that first weekend in June we need to plan a muskie outting!

Jim Uran

I am game for that Scoot. I've always wanted to chase muskies, just never have had the opportunity!!!

LengbyPrincess

that sounds awesome, you men will have a good time! i can't wait to camp memorial weekend!!! i'm anxious to catch some walters and snakes too! smile