Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Wabamskee

Wabamskee's species list

Wabamskee

Close one...almost forgot to sign up by the 30th. Bummed to say that my species list is short this month, but happy to report that I hit a Northern on a prince nymph! Hope to see (and contribute) many great pics going forward!

#1 - Northern

#2 - Bluegill

Wabamskee

#1 Northern - prince nymph

6655a06c.jpg

Wabamskee

#2 bluegill - flash gnat

a51b4f20.jpg

Wabamskee

#3 Perch - pink squirrel

dad34d30.jpg

This fight was ridiculous. Felt a hit so I set the hook. Buddy asks 'whatcha got on...gotta pike on?' I responded 'pretty sure, diving pretty good'. We saw the northern flash on top of the water, then to my surprise I pull this little perch up. He was bleeding out of a puncture wound on either side of his tail.

Funny to think that catching this fish probably saved his life...you're welcome little buddy, thanks for playin!

Wabamskee

#4 Brook Trout - Blue Winged Olive

0f77a24a.jpg

Wabamskee

#4.5 FEMALE Brook Trout - Blue Winged Olive

Not an additional species, but like to observe the color differentials between spring male brook (above) and female brook (below).

201eef05.jpg

Wabamskee

#5 Brown Trout - Royal Wulff

469cce4a.jpg

Wabamskee

#6 Black Crappie - Pass lake

57203a99.jpg

Slabasaurus

I still can't believe that rock bass unhooked himself and snuck between the boards in the dock before you could snap a pic... oh well.

The crappies sure are pretty this time of year.

Wabamskee

Its a rare catch to land a fish and have the fish still win, that guy was determined. Such a bummer...I have go fishing again and catch another rock bass! I have the worst problems.

itchmesir

I keep checking your thread and that pike with a prince in his jaw makes me crack up every time!

Wabamskee

For sure...just goes to show that all creatures appreciate his highness grin

Wabamskee

#7 Rainbow Trout - Gray Adams

33b54d17.jpg

Wabamskee

#8 Rock Bass - UV Emerger

86fdbeba.jpg

Slabasaurus

Haha.... hard for the rock bass to fall through the cracks there.

Looks like a fun mini trip so far.

MNFishhunter

Nice! Very cool man.

itchmesir

congrats on the rock bass revenge!

CraftyTurtle

Nice rock bass...

Wabamskee

Haha, thanks guys. I took the week off work, and have been travelling with my fly rods...rough I know.

Ich and Turtle, I was wishing I had you guys' contact info this morning as I was in the Winona area - Check out the pics from today's trip on the Root.

16" Brown Trout caught on a custom pink squirrel. I caught Brown and Brook trout with this all day long today, I'll post a recipe soon.

1936fb0f.jpg

12" Brook Trout, also caught on a pink squirrel.

eb115d2a.jpg

ted4887

12" Brook Trout, also caught on a pink squirrel.

Did you attach the wrong image? That is a brown trout for sure.

It's too bad we didn't know you were down today. MNFishHunter and I went out and caught trout, smallies, and rock bass today. Good times. You'll have to give us a heads up next time your coming down.

Wabamskee

Did you attach the wrong image? That is a brown trout for sure.

The top one is a brown for sure, you think the bottom one is too? Maybe its the light...there were definate halos around those lower spots.

I might be down there with Slab this weekend. We should party.

ted4887

Yeah, I'm 100% sure it's just a brown. Bummer though!

I'm down, just let me know. I can get ahold of Itchmesir and Ic3wind too.

itchmesir

Looks like a brown to me bro.. I know I got the weekend off..

Slabasaurus

not to be the kinda guy to say ahhhtoadaso....

(I can't say the rest here because it will be edited)

wink

Oh. Yeah. I'm down to clown this weekend. Fishing is fun, and all my usual haunts are 1000% normal cfs.