• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Spring/Summer Tullibee fishing?

I know this has been talked about, but are Tullibees not fished much around the area much after ice out? How about BSL?

No, when the water warms they go to Billhorn Bay, in the deep side 80 ft of water. I have never heard of anyone fishing for them other than ice fishing and netting.

I would like to get some more for the smoker I just bought. I already smoked some up, but they went fast.

Anyone care to give me info on what is required and how folks net these tullibees?

Thanks.

Its probably in the regs as far as the procedure to mark nets, seasons, lakes, equipment,permits, ect.......but a call would be not abad idea.....this is late fall gig, and depending on the year as late as ice up. They are targeted when and where they spawn.....look to some shallow rubble/sandy areas next to the big basins they hang in.

Well, the season to net is in the fall, around deer season. The gill nets we used were 100 feet long. They cannot be deeper then 6ft. You need to check them daily. They need to be marked with a bouy and your name and license number.. You are allowed 1 net per license. They tullies like the flats in the fall when they are "running". Let me know if you want any other info. I can even help you find some good spots if you would like. Shoot me a PM if you want.

Big_Sandy_Lake, I like more info and would like to net them in the fall. Infos like where to buy the net, get license, etc. Thanks.