Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
fishmeister_86

Graph Problems

fishmeister_86

Hi F.Mers,

I have a Lowrance 522 cigps graph, a buddy of mine also has the same

Graph...with the same problem. Sometimes when I go in reverse to fast, hit a big wave, or sometimes

for no reason at all, my graph will turn completely yellow & read 1.5 to 2.5 feet. Sometimes it will re-adjust right away...othertimes I may have to

get the boat back up on plane to correct it. Sometimes it corrects in 2 min., other times 10 min. & still other times 20 min. It is NOT the transducer, as that has been changed. My question, has anyone else had this problem & if so how did you correct it. Thanks, Dave

Sincerely,

Fishmeister

bitz

Hey FM.... here is a link to the Lowrance web site. It has a fix for a problem related to shallow water. I don't believe it is the same issue you are having, but it does provide a link to see if they can help you out.

Good luck

Bitz

http://www.lowrance.com/Products/Marine/...oftware-Update/

i'majigger

Fishmeister;

Sorry to hear about your graph. I had the same model with the exact same problems. Tried a different transducer like you did and still the same thing. Called Lowrance and they were not sure what the problem was but they gave me a download to try and fix it. I loaded that program on to my unit but did not help. Called them back and was told that I could send it in and for $250.00 they would take a look at it. No garantees that they could repair so into the garbage it went!!! I now own a Humminbird 788HD which is great and will probably not be looking at Lowrance equipment again in the furture with the luck and cost of their repair service. I hope you can get yours fixed as it was not to bad a unit when they work.

CaptJohnWis

Lowrance customer service was lousy for me as well. I needed a new knob/handle (fell in the lake) that holds the unit to the bracket. They didn't have one in stock and wanted a fortune to have me mail it back in so they could "maybe" fix it. I told them there is nothing to fix, just needs the correct knob.

I finally found a hex bolt at a local hardware store that had the correct thread and fit. I think they gave it to me for FREE! (or almost). It is not a knob, just a bolt but it holds my unit in the bracket just fine.

My newer Lowrance also goes yellow sometimes when I am going too fast (forward) and I lose all readings. It usually corrects in a few seconds once I slow down. If not, I turn it off and back on and that usually re-sets it.

srj

FM, make sure all your connections are clean and tight. A shot of contact cleaner on the power cable at the head may help. Most of the color units are very voltage sensitive--just a small drop in voltage caused my X-25 to do the same as yours. With a weak connection my voltage (as displayed on the screen) was at 12.0. One connection was a tad loose--tightened up and the voltage is back up and the unit works perfect.

Hope it helps.

ozzie

I have the same unit and last year I had to replace the transducer as it would only read 2.1ft....now everyonce in awhile I will have the same experience as you and the only time it lasted for more than a couple minutes I just turned the unit off for a couple minutes and when I turned it on it seemed to be working fine. When working this unit is top notch but there are a few bugs in them...too bad lowrance isn't a little easier to work with. I have used their customer service a few years ago and one time it was fast and easy and I was happy and the other time was a runaround and I gave up. Good Luck

Mooseart

I suggest that you talk to Joe! I have a Lowrance 527. (The fourth unit on the warranty) Joe will tell you transducer horror stories and how you can finally get a transducer that always works. He will tell you about six faulty transducers in a row!

In the short run, try a work-around by taking it off both AUTOs and setting the Minimum & Maximum depth to something like 5 and 40.

Often, when a Lowrance acts like that it will stop showing fish, (except maybe bronze carp)It will show bottom and will appear to be working, but not really.

I suspect Lowrance people are trained by Dell service staff.

cat977

Got the same graph and the same problem. I also tried the download with no luck if ya find a fix let us know. I'm thinking Hummingbird for the next one!

fishmeister_86

Hey Guys,

Wow, thanks for all the ideas & I see I'm not alone on this

problem. I too will not be buying lowrance again, I've

heard the service is very poor, and news travels fast. I will

be switching to Hummingbird as I have heard their service is

excellent. I never used to like them, however I do have a Ice 55

& its awesome. You know if the few here have had that problem,

think about 1,000's who have had the same problem. Lowrance should

be replacing all of them FREE as if they are going to sell us lemons,

kinda like a new vehicle, if they have a huge problem, they have a

national recall as they know their reputation is on the line., and

now because they are NOT making it right, they stand to lose 1,000's of

customers. Maybe they don't care.

Sincerely,

Fishmeister

fishmeister_86

Hi,

I sent Lowrance a e-mail, I will let you know if I get a response.

Sincerely,

Fishmeister

ozzie

Good Luck and let us know what you find...I am sure you will get the send it in and we can look it over for hundreds of dollars to find out they can't fix it but for an additional couple hundred they will get you a similar unit....yeah right Thanks but no thanks!!!

fishmeister_86

Hi Ozzie,

Actually NO RESPONSE from Lowrance yet...and I'm not giving them a dime

or sending it in, they KNOW they have a major problem & the best advertising is still word of mouth, it also can be the worst. I want to see a major recall on the graphs that are doing this. If you pay good money for a graph, then stand behind your product when they don't work. If you can't do that, then you should call it quits.

Sincerely,

Fishmeister

Mooseart

FM, don't hold your breath. I had an extended warranty & for three Summers they had my unit for more time than I did. I'm running the fourth replacement now and it's malfunctioning. Thankfully, it's finally off warranty.

I bought a 2010 Garmin LakeMaster HD chip and a NuVi 550 to use while Lowrance was deciding things. I think the chip will work in the new Garmin GPSMAP 521. (If someone can confirm this compatibility, it would be appreciated.)

I suspect that Lowrance spends more on their very attractive ads than they do on the defective hardware.

That being said, you will probably not get satisfaction from Lowrance. Maybe you would be well advised to get a chart plotter/sonar from a different company and save your excitement for some big fish!

ozzie

I hope my lowrance can get me another couple years then I will start looking into a hummingbird or other brands.

watersguy

Good luck on that!! As a teenager I will never forget how excited I was when my Dad bought the green box, I am dating myself I guess. Lowrance revolutionized fishing with that first depth finder. What the (bleep) has happened to a once proud company???