• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who's gettin pumped up?

Gordie

Oh I hope I can get out this year! Just have to tune my Oneida and I'll be ready to rock come May 1. Now just to find a boat...

Oh I hope I can get out this year! Just have to tune my Oneida and I'll be ready to rock come May 1. Now just to find a boat...

Tyler if your ever down this way I'm sure myself along with archerysniper could get you on the water... Just saying I got the boat.. I may have to string up the recurve for a shoot too.

Unless you wanna hit the river for some flatheads but I would still bring your bow as I know there are carp on the river

I might just take you up on that offer! I used to bowfish all the time around Wright/Hennepin counties. My secret honey hole still produces some true hogs. Two years ago I shot a 36 pounder there.

Sure wouldn't mind getting out on the river, though. At least then you have a chance at some gar! Love shooting those buggers.

I cant wait I need to practice a bit anyways before the border battle we have down by pool 4 every year with the Land O' Lakes bowfishing association

Oh man, I'd LOVE to shoot a tournament again! I shot a couple in the past with some old high school buddies, and while we never placed, it was a heckuva lot of fun! There just never seems to be enough time for that sort of thing any more. Ugh...I should take a sabbatical cry

Yes, can't wait. We are rigging the boat for lights this year (LED) so it should be a busy season. I will probably get out on a few local lakes to make sure everything works well, then hit the river. I saw the border battle on LLBA, sounds fun but kind of intimidating for being new to the sport.

Heck yeah! Hoping for a good amount of moisture tomorrow to fill up some of the creeks & streams for opening weekend. Fun to be carpin' again!

I've gone through everything a hundred times already to make sure its all ready to go. Its been hard wait this spring since my buddy has been sending me pics of carp for last month that they've been getting in south dakota.

I've got everything rigged and ready to go. I have been seeing some fish in big numbers during the daytime on my local panfish lake. Looks like it should be a good spring for the bowfin and buffalo action!

Been out a few times this year but the water up to now has been too dark. Did hit one big carp but it came off at the boat.

Hey, quick question...hopefully someone can chime in within 5 hours smile Newbster here is wondering about getting the arrow out.....is there a better way? Have not shot a bow since something like 9 th grade....if your near spicer tonight might want to stay clear grin Hopefully will have some pics!

Hey, quick question...hopefully someone can chime in within 5 hours smile Newbster here is wondering about getting the arrow out.....is there a better way? Have not shot a bow since something like 9 th grade....if your near spicer tonight might want to stay clear grin Hopefully will have some pics!

I'm guessing your asking about getting the arrow out of a fish. Most of the times you're arrow goes through the fish so the tip is sticking out. Then its just a matter of loosing the tip so the barbs point down and then just point the arrow down and the fish should slide off (might have to give it a shake). If the barbs aren't sticking out then push the tip all the way through. If your goes all the way through and the fish is on the string and not the arrow shaft its easier to just cut the line and retie.

Makes sense....might have figured that out; ok, probably not.... can be rather slow sometimes wink Thanks! Playing with the tuning right now, never even shot a compound before. Three more hours to go....of course not near the amount of fish that i saw last weekend....good luck all!

Just over 2 more hours. Good luck to anybody heading out. Wish I could make it out but, I have to wait tell friday night eek

For those who shoot fish and leave them on shore in a pile, please take care of what you shoot. I have 2 places I catch bait for flathead fishing and so many times there are piles of carp laying on shore and they stink bad.

Thanks for trying to help with this matter.

For those who shoot fish and leave them on shore in a pile, please take care of what you shoot. I have 2 places I catch bait for flathead fishing and so many times there are piles of carp laying on shore and they stink bad.

Thanks for trying to help with this matter.

I can just about guarantee that the slobs who do that don't visit a forum like HSO. You're talking about a very small minority of people who ruin it for everyone else. My best advice would be to contact the local CO and let him/her know about where the fish have been dumped. If it's a popular spot, chances are whoever it was will be back again.

And unless you're certain the carp were shot with a bow, don't assume it was bowfishermen piling them up. There are tons of rotting fish (mostly rough fish like stone cats, drum, goldeyes, and suckers) strewn all along the Red River in Fargo. And I can tell you without an ounce of doubt that they weren't put their by bowfishermen.

Thanks for trying to help with this matter...

Just got the bows ready and loaded into the truck for a whole night of fun tonight shooting fish. If your in the chisago forest lake area and get blinded by a boat on the water that will be us grin

Just got done shootin 43 in the rain, interesting to say the least. Archerysniper, got any room in the boat tonight? I live just south of there and have been dyin to get back out at night its been way to long.

Sorry just caught this now. We did fare tonight it took us a while to find fish and they really didn't come in shallow till late. I think we ended up with 15 in the tub with lots of pull outs. I think we need to switch to the big fish points the smallest was around 5 pounds and the biggest was 33# with most in the 12 to 15# range. It was nice to get out again and fling some arrows.

Also be careful and know before you shoot I saw a lot of huge pike in the shallows tonight.

I got in this morning at about 3:30 from my first ever bowfishing excursion. What a blast!! We were out from right after the storm until about 2:00 and ended up with 50. It took me a half hour to get the hang of it, but after that I was keeping right up with my buddy. My current hunting bow is getting turned into a bowfishing rig for sure next year, after I upgrade it!