• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bait Shop

RignJig

I'm planning to fish the Croix this weekend and/or next week, launching out of the Bluffs. If I'm coming from the north side, where's the nearest bait shop to the Bluffs? Ideally someplace that opens early?

Is there anything in Newport, Cottage Grove, etc?

Thanks -

Hey check Ganders see what time they open their bait shop for this weekend summer they tend to open early befors store opens

South of the launch, but not far south, there is a gas station in Prescott that sells bait. They open at 5 or 6 I believe. I come from the north, but always get bait from there 1st and it's only about a 10 min drive back up to the launch.

Thanks, guys. Sounds like Gander in Woodbury won't open until 9am - so I'm looking at either Blue Ribbon or Prescott...

Maybe God's telling me to stick with plastics for this trip?

Might was to check out Beanie's Landing in Lakeland just south of 94. I know they have a bait shop and think they open around 6:00. Might want to give them a call to confirm.

I got tired of playing the early morning game of trying to find an open bait shop, especially before MN opener, usually just stop the day before and have the minnows put in an O2 bag and keep them in the fridge. This way I can leave as early as I want.