• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

4 bearded tom!

bluehat28

A friend of mine landed a A season tag this year. Tom has only been turkey hunting 1 time and it was not a good year, this year would prove to be different.On Sunday we got to his 508 area a little late 5:30am and tryed to locate a tom. We had set up 2 blinds on a farm and used the blind where the turkeys had been seen during the week.After 2 hours and not a sound the rain started and we went to the truck to scout.We drove around the farm and called from the road with out any replies.As we went up a hill that over looks the farm we noticed a tom in the neigbors plowed field.After getting the OK from them we went to the woods adjacent to the field. We tryed to sneek thew to the edge so we could get close to the bird it was to thick so we decided to get as close as we could without getting busted.Tom Sat on a log about 50ft from the edge. I set up about 30 feet behind him.I gave the first call and was really surprised to get 3 different answers.I am really glad I attended a free seminar at a local store. the guys advise was spot on.we had them gobbling at least 30 times each,30 min into the hunt Tom (the hunter) was looking one way only to find himself face to face with 1 of the birds. He made the right choice and did not try to move or shoot. That bird walked back to the field and stayed quiet.the 2nd bird got behind me and clucked and ran the other direction.it had been at least 5 minutes with out a gobble in the woods I tryed one purr call and almost @@#@ my pants when he gobbled with in 25 feet of me.This got Toms attention and a 25 yrd shot ended his season. His first bird was a 26lbs 1 1/4 x 1 1/8 spurs and 4 beards 12" 9.5" 7.5" 7".

full-367-19825-dscf0979.jpg

full-367-19826-customerpics001.jpg

The bird is aleady at the taxidermist.

Nice looking beard and great story!!

Wish i was that lucky for my first year....oh well next year i guess!

What story did u learn the calling information from??

thanks

holey moley!!!!!!!!

just did a check on the nwft calculator and that bird scores a whopping 121.75!!! that would be no. 2 alltime on the nwtf records for minnesota.

congrats, indeed!!!

Great bird! I've been turkey hunting for over 30 years, and though I've shot several multi-bearded birds, never have I shot one approaching that size. Awesome!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

That's an fantastic bird!!!

Congrats Tom!