Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
tunrevir

Who is in for Saturday!

tunrevir

I'll be headed out in the early a.m. Saturday morning for a little walleye action and if that slows will work some whitebass and crappies to pass the time. Who all is going out this weekend? Walleyes should be post spawn for the most part from the fish I saw earlier last week but there will be a few stragglers shallow yet and around the spawning areas. I plan on casting cranks to the shoreline early then troll a few cranks and if the box is looking sparse then I'll switch to the jig and minnow and some plastics action. Remember to pick up your AIS sticker and put it on your trailer and have the sticker in your boat somewhere(You can pick them up at the local liscense bureau). Might get you past an early season stop from the DNR. Make sure the boat lights work, the batteries are topped off and charged and your trailer lights are working. Make sure there are enough PFD's for the people in your boat and check and make sure your electronics are working, along with the trolling motor. Give a quick squirt of grease to the zerts on the motor and the wheelbearings of the trailer. Make sure the landing net is in the boat and you have all the current liscs. needed for yourself and the boat and trailer. Don't forget the tackle box:) Have a safe and fishy outing this weekend! Tightlines!

Tunrevir~

Turk

Great post!

DENVER06

I will add a little to this remember its only fishing not worth getting into a hurry out there. And not worth the hassel of argueing with the others when they are in your way some are more experienced than others. so just calm down. Good luck guys and gals!!! Lets see some pictures of the beauties you catch this weekend......

B-man715

Good stuff Tunrevir!

Good luck this weekend guys!

I'm headed out of Franconia to try my luck. Been out a few times with no luck for whites and cats. Got a few pesky eyes during the search....guess a guy can't complain. But they need to get a little bigger if I want to have a meal this weekend wink

john.wells

pack a sandwich or two as well!

eyejob

Gonna be out at 12:01 am Saturday morning. I'll try to limit out before the crowd gets out. Hope the rains stay away, awfully chilly if temps are in the 40s overnight and rainy. Oh wells maybe that'll keep some people away.

Fisherman For a Lifetime

I'll be out! Hopefully catchin' gets better this year!

Have fun, relax & see you on the water.

Fuzzbient

I'll have my little jon boat on the river Saturday morning chasing the walleyes too. Should at least be a little warmer than it was a few weeks back. Looks like the river levels have come up a bit in the past couple weeks too so we'll be working the edges and trolling cranks.

HookEmHard84

Good luck everyone. I'll be out there, probly just trying to stay away from the crowd, how has the cruiser traffic been so far?

rwk

I'M in also but not sure on the start time maybe 6-7am. I hope the launch is not a mess

River Dan

Yeah!

1eyeReD

Gonna be out there this Sat... Not sure if on foot or by boat, but I'll be there. I've finally decided on joining the droves in the Hudson area.

How do you guys think the weather will affect the fishing? I just checked and it said rain/snow showers and 49 degrees. Sunday will be decent though - it's just too bad I have to work.

1ER

Jarrid Houston

Good Luck all! Love love the ole river (stomping grounds)! I will not be hitting the SCR for opener, but wish you all the best! remember fish for tomorrow!

Will

Good luck to all. I'll be fishin my secret spot between Stillwater and Prescott grin

hitthebricks

Couldn't make it. Boat is in the shop getting a new travel cover and was not finished on time

Good luck