Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Cobber

Orchard?

Cobber

Lived in the area for a few years but haven't had a boat until this year so going to 'scratch the itch' and get out today after work to chase some crappies, and thinking I'll head to Orchard as it's pretty close to my house.

Anybody been on it lately, have any tips? Reports?

Thanks for all of the help!

-Cobber

Kyhl

Haven't been there yet this year. Try the bay in the northwest corner. The water should warm up faster there. I think there is a sunken island south of there in deeper water. Don't remember where exactly though. Most likely someone will be fishing on it. If so, that would be your spot.

mrfish1991

Cobber, this summer when I am home I'll show you the ropes for bass on Orchard if you are interested.

Wish-I-Were-Fishn

Me too please smile

fish_eat_sleep

did you get out today? how'd you do?

RawHog

I went out on Orchard for crappies for the first time. I caught a couple mid-sized sunfish in 2-5 fow in the north bay. As I trolled back to the landing at about 8 oclock to leave I found a 19 1/2 largemouth bass in the middle of the south side that had been massacred by a tiger muskie within probably 25 minutes of myself finding it. The things gills we're still moving, but it was a goner for sure. I'm making it a goal this summer to catch that muskie cool

Trust me this was no turtle's, prop's, or knife's work.

fish_eat_sleep

Thats pretty rare, I know there's not very many big ones out there. not saying it cant happen but most of the tigers are smaller.

mrfish1991

I've pulled a couple tigers out of there...they were between 24" and 30" if I remember right. But I wouldnt doubt that there are big ones in there.

fish_eat_sleep

90% of the tigers i caught last season were under 40 inches though and about 60% right under 30 inches. i bet theres one out there thats capable of doing that to a bass but not in large numbers whatsoever. often times i see people confuse the northerns and tigers because the tigers are about the same size. As mrfish1991 stated 24-30 inches on average.

mosquitoman

my brother and i have both caught one big one in there 40"/41" trolling spinners along the north shore but that was probably 7 years ago...... since then my biggest tiger from orchard has been a skinny 32" two years ago. they are there but few and far between. if i was going to target larger tigers i would go to Ceadar, Nokomis, or Elmo.

TonyKay

yuck what a swap, went out their today to check things out and she's already in midsummer form as far as the weeds and muck go...does anyone know if they treat this lake for weed growth?

fisherman-andy

I went out on Orchard for crappies for the first time. I caught a couple mid-sized sunfish in 2-5 fow in the north bay. As I trolled back to the landing at about 8 oclock to leave I found a 19 1/2 largemouth bass in the middle of the south side that had been massacred by a tiger muskie within probably 25 minutes of myself finding it. The things gills we're still moving, but it was a goner for sure. I'm making it a goal this summer to catch that muskie cool

Trust me this was no turtle's, prop's, or knife's work.

Curious to what made you think it was a Tiger Muskie that did the bass in? That's a pretty big size bass to be done in by even a pike or ski. Somehow im suspecting something else.

rubberducky

i caught one out there 2 yrs ago that was well over 40 didnt get a measurement but i would guess in the 44 inch range

fish_eat_sleep

i think it is being treated for muck and other weeds right now. i noticed a bunch of orange milk cartons floating from ropes below today. I assume that is some kind of chemical treatment. my motor got stuck in the weeds in what 3 weeks ago was 8 feet of water. now its surface weeds and muck.

Topwater Scott

Weeds everywhere on Orchard already! Only my 3rd year fishing Orchard but I have not seen weeds like this. I was out on Saturday Morning early for 3 hours of fishing. Couple 10" crappies, first crappies I have got there, tiny gills, one 17" large mouth, and a 24" tiger musky to round out my day. All the fish went back in the lake to be caught another day. Lots of fish activity all over. I saw 4 muskies cruising in all depths. Getting the itch to start throwing the big stuff for the ski's.