Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
MNFishhunter

Fiberglass rods!!!

MNFishhunter

Does any one fish them? What do you fish? I bought three of them from Cabela's. 50th anniversary edition rods. I looked at various reviews from the hardcore glass guys and they came out pretty well. I gonna work on casting them (slowing my stroke down a bit) and hopefully catch a few fish.

Ic3wind

I have a couple of those rods. I do like a slower rod I got the 5/6 weight cause it seemed like it would be nice for bass and carp. Tbh I wasnt very happy with it. Casts smoothly, but it seems like the guides are almost too small. To me it seemed to not shoot line very well. I went so far as trying to line it with a cortland Sylk line but it didnt seem help. I could see how people would like them and they have a nice soft delivery as glass should. I guess my impression was its a nice rod but not my flavor.

MNFishhunter

I took out the 7ft 4/5 wgt and the 7'6' 7/8 wgt. I had a SA GPX (5wgt) on one and Airflo Pike/Musky (8wgt) on the other. WOW!!! Very smooth and easy to cast. Super sensitive too. Had no problems with the guides at all. Glass has made an impression on me.

I will probably own the rest in the series by the end of the year.

Tomorrow the 5'9" 3 wgt on a trout stream nearby. I'll see what it does for dry flies. Nice rods for $99.00.

DSCN4956.jpg

DSCN4964.jpg

Ic3wind

Sounds like I should have tried the 4/5 or the 7/8. The one I didnt care for was the 5/6. I also have the 3wt that thing is a fun rod. my only fault with that thing is that its only really good for drys and because its only a 6 footer a cast of 15 or 20 feet is a monster. But its a riot to catch anything 12 inches or larger with. I hooked a 12 inch trout with that thing and it bent the tip of the rod to the butt like it was an ugly stick commercial. Also tons of fun to fish panfish on drys with.

oh also watch the bargin cave in Owatonna for them they show up there from time to time pretty heavily discounted. I scored the 3wt there with the plastic still on the cork for 50 bux

MNFishhunter

I imagine that'll be the case at 5'9". Smaller streams with heavy brush might be a good option or just wishful thinking. I was thinking Gribben and Diamond Creeks.

Did you try nymphing with the 5/6 weight? Probably not a great idea. I have a one year warranty on the 3 rods I bought SO I will try heavy nymphing also. I don't know how it will go. I imagine somewhat dangerous.

MNFishhunter

Check out The Fiberglass Manifesto!