Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
lucky

New ramp in St. Cloud

lucky

Has anyone used this ramp yet? Me and my son went and checked it out yesterday and i was wondering if it would be deep enough for a fiberglass boat? Plus is there a campsite across from it?

Rick G

I bet you are talking about the access in the River Bluffs park? I wouldn't launch anything there except a canoe or jet boat wink unless you wana sink it. River is real shallow and rocky right in there, 2-4ft in most places and less in others eek.

Nice new ramp, parking for at least a dozen or more rigs and a small little picnic area. All this for just around 900k crazy.

About the camping area on the east side, I'm not sure it's still in use. It used to be the old canoe access but the DNR has since closed the road coming into that area off Co rd8. Might want to call C.O. Mike Martin to check on this, his office number is (320)-217-5830.

CaptainMusky

That kind of money for a landing in an area where very few boaters could use seems a little ridiculous.

eyeguy 54

Pic of the canoe-camp spot across and a view from down the trail a ways.

full-27930-19729-canoe.jpg

full-27930-19730-423a.jpg

fischer69

Is that before or after Sportsmans Island?

eyeguy 54

which is sportsman island?

eyeguy 54
full-27930-19739-riverbluffpark.jpg

fischer69

which is sportsman island?

It's right down by the golf course, it used to have a pavillion on it & a bridge to it which was closed down. I haven't been down there in years, so I don't what its like anymore. Based on the map, it is south of Sportsmans Island.

eyeguy 54

That must be the island N of the golf course? There's a street named that in that area.

Rick G

Yep, Sportsmans is the island just north of the golf course.

The new park is about 1.5mi down river from there.

Btw, nice pic's and cool looking dog eyeguy2 grin

fischer69

After looking at the map again, I think that it is the last island on the left that looks like it has a dirt patch on it north of the golf course.

Rick G

Thats the one grin. Not dirt though, tall grass and cedar trees. You should know this Fischer wink

eyeguy 54

I was really surprised to see the huge hill NE of the ramp.

Rick G

There are some nice trails bcak in there. It's the far south side of River Bluffs bike trail and the far north side of River Bluffs park. That hill overlooks the Hardrives property, you can see a long way from up there wink.

fischer69

Thats the one grin. Not dirt though, tall grass and cedar trees. You should know this Fischer wink

Haven't been over there in many, many years! I miss Hardrives too. I wonder if that huge Snapping Turtle is still in there?

eyeguy 54

Saw some skiiers on there last year.

Rick G

Haven't been over there in many, many years! I miss Hardrives too. I wonder if that huge Snapping Turtle is still in there?

I got some first class, for your ears only info grin. I'm going to have to send you some pic's I recently took wink

eyeguy 54

sure, now we'll all wonder if you saw bigfoot!

fischer69

I got some first class, for your ears only info grin. I'm going to have to send you some pic's I recently took wink

eyeguy 54

what was her name and how long was she laying out??

Rick G

Eyeguy2, show up at the get together Sat in Elk River and I will fill you in too, never know it might be worth it winkgrin

eyeguy 54

busy :>)

Ryan 21

They did a great job with this park and the boat landing. This is a great asset to the city of St.Cloud and the region. Money well spent in my opinion. I look forward to the added access and multiple years of use with good friends and family.

Thank you St.Cloud and Minnesota for the River Bluffs Regional Park and new boat access.

Brad B

Rick G,

will you fill me in too. I should be to the G2G by 2PM.