• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Crafty Turtles Species Thread.

CraftyTurtle

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CraftyTurtle

• MNFishhunter

• Schollmeier

• ted4887

oh Im straight up jacking your genius scheme of keeping that thing in your flybox. I dont even feel guilty about it.

I almost bought that mango that you're paddling. How has the fishing been for you lately? I'm hoping to get a few hours in Tuesday afternoon if I can manage it.

It has been really good all the fish i posted have caught the last two days. I love my new yak it is so much bigger and i bought the riser it seems to help get a little farther cast. I figured out how to rig it up so i have a net now i orderd a couple other things and i think i am ready for this summer.

Good to hear.

Just the other day I saw a used seat riser for sale online for $50. Figures... since I bought mine for $75 two weeks ago. Oh well, that's just how it goes.

Have you figured out a way to have a net in it yet?? I built a basket and have rod holders on it to hold both of my nets i have a big net for northerns and a small one for pan fish and i have them both with me at all times. Plus it has a basket for a few things so they are always right where i need them. I will be posting a pic soon but i am waiting for my dash board to get here.

Ah, I will need to see that dashboard. I almost ordered that, but wanted to hold off. I'm not sold on the fact that fly line won't get caught underneath it. If it appears like it will work though, I'll probably get one.

I don't have a net solution yet, but I don't mind it laying in the bottom of the boat. In fact, I think I prefer it that way so that I won't snag it with a poor cast. I keep mine on the right side, right under my seat.

it must be a small net?? I have a big hoop net for pike and a small folding one they both are set up and stick up in te air and i have never caught them yet. If it is under your seat that means u have to unfold it with one hand and lock the parts in place with one hand while fighting a fish in gthe other?? Doesn't sound like much fun. But I bet it is funny to see. I am looking at what if you have a big fish on and now time to try to unfold a net and this might be the best fish you have ever caught but cant cauuse the net is under seat not smart TEd.

Lol!

In all honesty, I will hardly ever net a fish. The only exception being if it's a really big fish, or if it's something that I rarely catch and want to ensure that I get a picture. Otherwise, if I can't get them in by hand, I'll just release in the water. The net I use is one of those folding frabil nets, folds up like 3" in diameter. Easy to flip out in a hurry if I need to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

# 9 RAINY BOW

Man I haave been so busy getting ready for the trip to BWCAW i have not been out trying to get any other new Fish for this thread but i took the kids out yesterday and it wwas a rough day after fishing for 4 and a half hours with my two kids and dealing with them getting tangled in there own fishing line and hooking each other They finaly got sick of fishing and went and played at the park.

P1010019.jpg

#10 Small Mouth Bass BWCAW

P1010029.jpg

#11 Brookie

P1010053.jpg

#12 Green Sunfish

P1010057.jpg

#13 Sheep Head

P1010058.jpg

#14 Common Carp First time I have ever caught one of these and was done on the FLY

P1010060.jpg

#15 Yellow Bullhead First time I have ever caught one of these and was done on the FLY

P1010061.jpg

Nice additions Donny.

That Carp is HUGE! winkgrin

What a monster.... wink

Nice work, looks like the trip was a blast!

12 species in 4 days on the fly betwween the 2 of us!!!! Small to large.

Sweet!

Yellow bullhead is a black bullhead (see my post under MNfish's species)

That carp is awesome!

That is an awesome species spread by the way in such a short time span (on the fly no less)