Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
CraftyTurtle

Crafty Turtles Species Thread.

CraftyTurtle

On the Fly or Die!!

CraftyTurtle

#1 Large mouth bass

GEDC0736.jpg

CraftyTurtle

#2 Black Crappie

GEDC0735.jpg

CraftyTurtle

#3 Bluegil

GEDC0733.jpg

Ic3wind

oh Im straight up jacking your genius scheme of keeping that thing in your flybox. I dont even feel guilty about it.

ted4887

x2

CraftyTurtle

#4 GEDC0737.jpg Yellow perch

CraftyTurtle

#5 Northern Pike number 11 for the year so far GEDC0750.jpg

ted4887

I almost bought that mango that you're paddling. How has the fishing been for you lately? I'm hoping to get a few hours in Tuesday afternoon if I can manage it.

CraftyTurtle

I am coming for you MFH you better watch your back..........

CraftyTurtle

It has been really good all the fish i posted have caught the last two days. I love my new yak it is so much bigger and i bought the riser it seems to help get a little farther cast. I figured out how to rig it up so i have a net now i orderd a couple other things and i think i am ready for this summer.

ted4887

Good to hear.

Just the other day I saw a used seat riser for sale online for $50. Figures... since I bought mine for $75 two weeks ago. Oh well, that's just how it goes.

CraftyTurtle

Have you figured out a way to have a net in it yet?? I built a basket and have rod holders on it to hold both of my nets i have a big net for northerns and a small one for pan fish and i have them both with me at all times. Plus it has a basket for a few things so they are always right where i need them. I will be posting a pic soon but i am waiting for my dash board to get here.

ted4887

Ah, I will need to see that dashboard. I almost ordered that, but wanted to hold off. I'm not sold on the fact that fly line won't get caught underneath it. If it appears like it will work though, I'll probably get one.

I don't have a net solution yet, but I don't mind it laying in the bottom of the boat. In fact, I think I prefer it that way so that I won't snag it with a poor cast. I keep mine on the right side, right under my seat.

CraftyTurtle

it must be a small net?? I have a big hoop net for pike and a small folding one they both are set up and stick up in te air and i have never caught them yet. If it is under your seat that means u have to unfold it with one hand and lock the parts in place with one hand while fighting a fish in gthe other?? Doesn't sound like much fun. But I bet it is funny to see. I am looking at what if you have a big fish on and now time to try to unfold a net and this might be the best fish you have ever caught but cant cauuse the net is under seat not smart TEd.

Ic3wind

get a gaff IMO

ted4887

Lol!

In all honesty, I will hardly ever net a fish. The only exception being if it's a really big fish, or if it's something that I rarely catch and want to ensure that I get a picture. Otherwise, if I can't get them in by hand, I'll just release in the water. The net I use is one of those folding frabil nets, folds up like 3" in diameter. Easy to flip out in a hurry if I need to.

CraftyTurtle

#6 Walleye

P1010002.jpg

CraftyTurtle

#7 Pumpkin seed

P1010003.jpg

CraftyTurtle

#8 Warmouth

P1010008.jpg

CraftyTurtle

# 9 RAINY BOW

Man I haave been so busy getting ready for the trip to BWCAW i have not been out trying to get any other new Fish for this thread but i took the kids out yesterday and it wwas a rough day after fishing for 4 and a half hours with my two kids and dealing with them getting tangled in there own fishing line and hooking each other They finaly got sick of fishing and went and played at the park.

P1010019.jpg

MNFishhunter

A nice chunky bow, nice Crafty, nice!!!!!

ted4887

Nice fish Crafty.

CraftyTurtle

#10 Small Mouth Bass BWCAW

P1010029.jpg

#11 Brookie

P1010053.jpg

#12 Green Sunfish

P1010057.jpg

#13 Sheep Head

P1010058.jpg

#14 Common Carp First time I have ever caught one of these and was done on the FLY

P1010060.jpg

#15 Yellow Bullhead First time I have ever caught one of these and was done on the FLY

P1010061.jpg

ted4887

Nice additions Donny.

That Carp is HUGE! winkgrin