Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Bobb-o

Rainy River Multi-Species Weekend!

Bobb-o

I will start this by saying anytime I have gone up to the Rainy there have been only three species I have encountered: Walleyes, Northerns, and Sturgeon. That being said, with the strange spring we had I am not the least bit surprised by what we caught his past weekend

We started off the weekend a little behind everyone. We got up to Sportsmans a little after 1 on Saturday, and everyone (except for me) wanted to chase walleyes right away. We headed upriver a ways and immediately started getting into some 'eyes. We didnt get the numbers of big fish that people caught further up river, but we had some nice fish mixed in with a lot of eaters. Best size jig for us was a 3/8 to 1/2 oz Lindy Jig in gold or orange.

Day 2 was all aboot fishing sturgeon. Well at least for a little while. We headed out to a couple different spots and got our two sturgeon virgins on their first real fish, as well as a weird assortment that I will discuss later. Later on Sunday the wind made it unbearable to anyone who wasn't tucked almost all the way into the docks on the point so we headed up stream even further for a few last minute walleyes. Ron started backtrolling jigs in his boat while we just anchored and fished for whatever swam underneath. Monday morning we had a great walleye, eggs, and hashbrown breakfast and headed home a little early as it was a tad too cold and windy for the others to fish comfortably.

All said and done we caught a lot of different aquatic species: Sturgeon, Walleye, Sauger, Northern, Tony caught some Eeelpout (his first took some major convincing to get him to hold it), I caught a Crayfish that was stuck to a branch by fireline, Gene caught a Clam, Brittany caught a random anchor, and Ron caught his own anchor after it leapt from his grip while he was lowering it, and I caught a couple of bullheads. Yes, apparently there are bullheads in the Rainy River (all of you Iowegians can come flocking now). All in all not a bad trip but unfortunately we didnt connect with any of the true monster this year.

And Travis Sorokie, I will get that record, so be ready....

DSCN2045.jpg

DSCN2046.jpg

DSCN2051.jpg

DSCN2049.jpg

DSCN2047.jpg

DSCN2060.jpg