Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
live4chrome

new tiny rapalas

live4chrome

Anyone had a chance to try out the new tiny shad raps and sinking minnows. They look like they might produce.

tunrevir

I haven't tried them out yet but they look like they would put the hurt on some trout and be awsome for some big crappies. The small shadrap will be nice for working shallow weedlines for walleyes.

I have been experimenting with micro baits for the past couple seasons using the baby thundersticks, cotten cordell micro crank, and micro lipless crank by cotten cordell and they have produced some large panfish and even got some finicky walleyes to bite them. The downside to these small baits is that pike will bite you off in a heartbeat so 6 bucks a pop is a bit hard for me to swallow wink

Tunrevir~

Hookey

Agreed, who ever thought we would be paying a buck for a lead jig. frown

CoorsCaptain

How tiny are you talking about?

An SR5 is 2" are there ones smaller?

Thanks Captain

tunrevir

It is smaller then the SR5, it is about an inch and a half long.

Tunrevir~

Comit 2

Quote:
The downside to these small baits is that pike will bite you off in a heartbeat so 6 bucks a pop is a bit hard for me to swallow

And there are so many other things that work as well, if not better, that are cheaper. In a year they will come out with a newer and better one for a dollar more and discontinue the one from last year that is 2 dollars less.

While I'm at it, dose anyone else feel like there watching infomercials when they are watching Sunday morning fishing shows??? (pure fishing)

amateurfishing

yeah, i like to watch Lindners alot but for some reason all i ever remember after the shows are the words quantum and trigger x and seriously dont like it. time to learn more on here than tv

Sonicrunch

The only thing that bites on more lures than a fish is a fisherman.

Chode2235

I used the new number 4 ultra light minnow while fishing trout this past weekend. They have a nice heft to them for casting, and I caught a few fish on them.

I think those little shad raps (4 size) are going to be killer on the river smallmouth this summer.

I am also looking forward to putting one of those on my river lead core rig.

slipperybob

I was really looking forward to them, but after seeing them in the stores, I wasn't very impressed with the finished look. So I'll wait. Still have a lot of other micro cranks to use.

mrpike1973

i have not watched many fishing shows because of the adds, that was funny

mainbutter

I LOOOVE micro crank baits. I'm sure these will be awesome.

Sonicrunch

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

live4chrome

That was my thought exactly motst lures are designed o catch fisherman not fish

Northlander

All I know is the small flicker shads are deadly for trolling shallows behind boards. These Rapalas will do the same but be $3 more. I remember when I got 50 Flicker Shads at $2.50 a piece. Now they have gone up but still not as big a rip off as the Rapala lures.

tunrevir

I hear you Northlander, that is one of the reasons I have been working the baby t sticks and I got a ton of the cordell stuff on close out at about a 1.99 a pop. I do like the little flicker shad as well and they work really well on the shallow flats like you said.

Tunrevir~

OnAFly

I like the old #3 Rattlin Raps. They used to be about $2.50 at FF. Those things flat out catch crappies.