• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rainy 11th report

Three of us just returned from a one day trip on the river. The walleyes were on fire today! Fished from 8-5. We caught 121 and missed or lost at least another 40-50. Majority of fish were over 20 inches with a 30 1/2 monster, 3 28's 5 27's and dozens of 22-25's. Unbelievable trip!! Most big fish came on plastics, the brighter and bulkier the better. Most big fish were caught in 7-9 ft. casting and slowly pumping it in. Landed at Frontier, water clarity was good and the flow has slowed way down from my last trip. Biggest deal was no wind to fight, just slowly drift at a great speed. Plastics are the ticket!!!

I used a pink whistler jig, 3/8 oz. on several different paddle tail bodies that had chartruese tail. Bright colors! I pitched downstream at an angle toward shore and worked it in upstream in a slow pumping motion very close to the bottom. Hope that makes some sense? I caught a ton of big fish right on the break line in 7-9 ft. Keep your line tight as there were a variety of strikes from your line going slack, to a tick, to an all out smash!