• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

...- April 15th ???

My first attempt wasn't clear enough I guess.....kinda like the regs,IMO. I'll attempt to dumb my dumb question down.......

http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/areas/fisheries/baudette/rainy_river_2012_final.pdf

"Effective Mar. 1 – Apr. 15 (when season closes

this year)"

Does ...-April 15th (when the season closes this year) mean THROUGH?? or UP TO the 15th??

Goose I tried to answer you, you can fish and keep walleyes on sunday the 15th! you cannot keep them starting monday morning.

lol...I've got responses saying the opposite on another site. IE- Can fish up to 0001 4/15, but not after.

Anyone 100% sure?? what the "-" April 15th means??

"Through" the 15th as wetaline says, or "up to" like others are saying??

Johnny?? Tim A???

What does the walleye opener mean to you? (saturday may 12th) you can fish that day.

as well as previous mn walleye close (sunday may 26)

that little dash (-) between the dates in the regs mean "through"

What does the walleye opener mean to you? (saturday may 12th) you can fish that day.

as well as previous mn walleye close (sunday may 26)

that little dash (-) between the dates in the regs mean "through"

Hey, I'm not arguing here. Opening day is easy enough.

Not sure what / when the "previous MN walley close (sunday may26th)" means??

Some, Reeds sporting goods included, interpret it "up to" April 15th.

Goose, you are making this way more complicated than it should be.

Besides the brochure you listed a link to, the date is in the regulations booklet too. Normally, the border waters season closes on April 14. But, when the 14th falls on a Saturday, the season is extended through Sunday, which is the 15th. And, that's what happened in 2012.

So...you can target walleyes on border waters this year up to, and including, April 15!!!

That's for clarifying. I couldn't remember what the prior regs said as for as -14th or -15th. Just knew the 14th was the last day in years past. Forgive me of my overcomplicatedness!!! I'm workin' on it!!!

This means you must have lost the bet. Pay up!

Lol. Nope. I was leaning towards the extra day, but wasn't sure, and needed solid confirmation before I rubbed it in to my buddy. Funny thing is we aren't even gonna fish the extra day....just a friendly "bet I'm right" deal.

Lotta guys out there just as confused (used to the usual) about this. Guys a lot less "overcomplicating" than myself.

Yup the March 1 - April 15 means you can fish until midnight on April 15. That means you can fish on Sunday.

Quote:

Yup the March 1 - April 15 means you can fish until midnight on April 15. That means you can fish on Sunday.

See, now that's how people get confused. It's 11:59 on the 15th not midnight.

Midnight on the 15th is 1 minute after 11:59 pm on the 14th.

See, now that's how people get confused. It's 11:59 on the 15th not midnight.

Midnight on the 15th is 1 minute after 11:59 pm on the 14th.

My thoughts too. Which is it???!!!! I'm confused again!! whistle

How about, if the calendar says April 15th you can fish, but as soon as it is the 16th, you can't.

A wise man once told me- "It's easier to beg for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission."

I never told you that!! wink

Maxpower, you are absolutely right. When I was writing that I was thinking about that and you explained it correct. We can fish until the end of the 15th. That ends at 11:59 pm. Thanks for the clarification.

I think we knew what you meant. I did and I was the "over thinker" that asked initially.

Being able to fish Sunday was the easy to understand answer to the over-thought question crazy . Thx.