Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Big Herm

Rainy River Fish Photos - Show Your Catch

Big Herm

Nothing gets me more excited to get ready for the river than to look at some past years photos! So lets see some HOG walters and some GIANT Sturg pics here!!!!full-22194-18591-sturg1.jpg

full-22194-18592-waltrainy.jpg

full-22194-18593-waltrainy1.jpg

full-22194-18590-sturg.jpg

gloomiseye

Nice fish! I need to get up there one of these years.

maxpower117

Looks like she's wide open boys! Game on!

BartmanMN

full-18186-18604-img_9980.jpg

full-18186-18605-img_9983.jpg

meathunter

Looks like a walleye from Canada A!

BartmanMN

Walleye's were not caught over the "line". I think that 2nd photo may have been taken off the island near the fork in the river.

DTro

Looking forward to getting up there really soon!

Some of my greatest fishing memories.

IMG_0133.jpg

dtro61sturgeon062ng.jpg

dtrofightingsturgeon062cg.jpg

61x25.jpg

62x26.jpg

harvey lee

That spot looks familiar with the white building on the shoreline. Great sturg spot.

One morning in 4 hours, 3 of us caught 26 sturgeon and my PB of 63". Numerous over 50.

Tomavatar-1-1.jpg

paceman

Love that rod bending picture!

TruthWalleyes

SOO much fun to bend a big game rod to the breaking point!!

JPZ73

Big Herm I sent you a PM. Hope your pounding them again this year.

paulRBR

This is Brandi, the better half of River Bend Resort getting it done!!!

full-36989-18955-photo_9.jpg

full-36989-18956-photo_7.jpg

shamrock7

Gotta pick your background better smile Oh well, everyone knows thats a good spot. Good that you got a chance to get out.

smalleyepike

Here is a picture from a trip I "guided" my wife on.full-39481-18976-sturgeon.jpg

hoppe56307

WOW

Leadhead

Smalleye, how big is that sturgeon? That thing is huge!

smalleyepike

It was 65", but I put her back without measuring the girth, the last time that will happen!

BartmanMN

Yeah that thing is amazing. How long of a fight did it put up.

smalleyepike

About 25 minutes.

JacobG

That fish is 80 pounds! if not more. we just got back from rainy yesterday. I was fortunate to boat a 64 inch fish with similar proportions. and it bottomed out the boga grip (fish was weighed in the net) The boga goes to 60 lbs and it wasnt even close! The fish carried a 27 1/2" girth. my guess would be a 75 pound fish. will post pics when they are emailed to me. Awesome fish, did your wife catch that fish? Without question that fish is in excess of 80 pounds! Funny how we were one of only three boats fishing sturgeon............why? dont people get enough walleyes all winter?? haha

elusivecrappiecatcher

That fish is 80 pounds! if not more. we just got back from rainy yesterday. I was fortunate to boat a 64 inch fish with similar proportions. and it bottomed out the boga grip (fish was weighed in the net) The boga goes to 60 lbs and it wasnt even close! The fish carried a 27 1/2" girth. my guess would be a 75 pound fish. will post pics when they are emailed to me. Awesome fish, did your wife catch that fish? Without question that fish is in excess of 80 pounds! Funny how we were one of only three boats fishing sturgeon............why? dont people get enough walleyes all winter?? haha

By those measurements I would put it around 70lbs according to the DNR's length/girth chart. Age wise probably 40-42 years old. NICE FISH fo sho!

smalleyepike

Yup, my wife caught that fish, she usually out fishes me whenever we fish together, thats why I call it "guiding" when we fish together.

Mike Stark

Had an awesome time fishing with my Dad on the River. smile

P4110556.jpg

P4100553.jpg

P4100550.jpg

P4100548.jpg

P4100547.jpg

P4100544.jpg

P4090542.jpg

P4090536.jpg

P4090532.jpg

P4090530.jpg

P4080522.jpg

P4080518.jpg

P4080514.jpg

P1010511.jpg

hoytshooter

Holy Hawgs. Awesome fish I am truly jealous.

reinhard1

you guys went through some weather on that trip. great way to spend time with your dad for sure. congrats on the nice walley's both of you landed. good luck.