Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
hardhat

Vex value pack or Pro pack??????????????

hardhat

What is the difference between the VexFL8 Value pack and Pro Pack. The value pack is alot cheaper and their web-site says the Value pack doesn't come with all the "bells and whistles" like the Pro pack. Can anyone clarify this? Also I fish in water less than 60 feet deep. Would I be better off getting the 19 degree ice ducer or the dual beam to switch back in forth? Thanks for your help.

The FL8's come in several pakages--go to reedssports.com and click on winter fishing then do a search for Vexilar--they have about 6 different packages you can choose from.

They are awesome on price and ship at no extra charge.

------------------
Chells

Ya Hey Der

I have the vexilar economy/value pack. Didn't get the pro-pack because they didn't have any left at the time.
There are a few accessories that you don't get with the economy/value pack but after using the economy pack, I don't think I am missing out. I did buy a smart charge ($25)for the unit, which I would have bought for the pro-pack anyway, so that I could see the battery level and also so I wouldn't over charge it. The carrying case is rectangular and I think it is smaller than the pro-pack carrying case.
I think the only difference is a couple of "extras". I think the actual unit and transducer are the same. I am not sure about the battery. You would think that was the same. I think Gander has all their vex's on sale. You might want to give them a call. Anyway, good luck with your purchase.

irvingdog

The pro pack gives you the round case, which fits into a bucket (so does the value pack's rectangle) and a battery meter. I don't see lots of value in the meter. You need to charge the battery after every time you use it, and it only last for 12 hours per charge. Therefore, save the 30 bucks and buy another battery, and you'll know darn well that you have a good battery.

spinach

the dual beam is definitely worth the extra money if you fish in 30+ feet.

Smallmouth

Is there any place that sells re-conditioned or used Vex's?

hardhat

Thanks for the replies. I actually sent Vexilar an e-mail this morning and they sent me back a reply within 2 hours. Sounds like great customer service. I think I will go with the Pro pack dual ducer. For 40 dollars more I get the Battery meter and basically an extra ice ducer. Heck the 9 degree ice ducer alone is almost 80.00 and the meter is 18.00. The Pro Pack sounds like the better deal.

Smallmouth,

Call the Motor Clinic at 952-881-0898 they are the Vex pros and sell refurbished units

------------------
Chells