• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Silver Lake - N. St. Paul

What's the scoop on this lake? any fish? any good size to them? Seen a couple houses here and there when driving by to work and was just curious.

This is that little spit of water off Century Ave, right? A buddy and I tried fishing from the pier this past fall and got squat crazy but we shared the pier with someone who "fishes there regularly." Sounds like it should have decent fishing on the ice, but you know how second hand info goes...

I'll probably spend most of my time on White Bear or Bald Eagle once things firm up a little better.

Tried it last winter, just found small panfish. Didn't have any flags pop. Two others fishing the lake, one with just flags. And the other guy said all he was catching was small panfish as well. Best way to find out, is to go explore yourself though. Nothing better than finding fish on a new lake!

I was out there yesterday for a few hours. Ice was popping, bobbers weren't. (It was ~6 inches in three different spots) I had some small ones trying to steal my bait but couldn't take it. I think I'm going to keep trying it since its the closest one to me. This was the first time I've fished the lake.

This is the kind of lake that if you're close, & have an hour or two to fish, go for it. If you have time to get to a better lake, do that.

When I lived in St. Paul we used to fish it once in a while. You can catch the occasional pike, & lots of little panfish, & my buddy caught a small muskie once, but don't expect much. Basically a glorified kid's fishing pond. Good luck.

When I lived in St. Paul we used to fish it once in a while. You can catch the occasional pike, & lots of little panfish, & my buddy caught a small muskie once, but don't expect much. Basically a glorified kid's fishing pond. Good luck.

Sounds perfect for the GF wink

I live right by it and USED TO fish it often in hopes of catching Channel Cats that were stocked in it.Ive caught 2. and I put ALOT of hours in, and decided its not worth it.........if you wanna catch small panfish with the kids, have at it!

Fished it once this year about 3 weeks ago. Caught one after another, unfortunately nothing over 4 inches. Might try once more this year but doubtful. Better off driving another 10-20 minutes for a better lake.