• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any Long Point reports

fire-in-the-hole

Haven't seen any reports from Long Point in a while. I assume the ice is pretty good right now. How about the fishing? We hope to head up in the next week or so. Thanks.

I am amazed at the lack of Long Point reports. Maybe it is because the ice has been tentative this year - or maybe less people fishing that area in the winter?? Plan on going up Tuesday morning and would like to know if we can drive on the ice with a pickup or not? Thanks for any information...

Some locals have been up there this year fishing near the crack, fishing has been hit and miss.

Others left today for points beyond the crack, they were taking portables but I don't remember if what they were using for transportation, I'm sure they were not planning on vehicles, probably ATV's.

Sounds like a few people heading to LOW this weekend from what I gather, I'm sure the reports will start rolling in now with this cold weather firming things up some more.

We're off to Buffalo Bay, we'll see how that goes.

Mike

We have been fishing Long Point. Fishing has been pretty good. No trucks as of last weekend, there are a few Long Point resort houses, Chris Ford has some sleepers out there some locals with permanent shack and lots and lots and lots of portables. After this cold snap you may see some trucks,

call the resort

I was up last weekend and did well. Fished out of a day house Thursday and Friday 32ft. 3 of us had our limits everyday and threw twice as many back. It was wheelers only, had 16 inches where we were. Good luck!!!

We are heading up in the am called long point they said they were allowing truck traffic. Also told the bite has been pretty good.