• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sheds?

nbadger23

I had an itching to go shed hunting last weekend but went ice fishing instead. The lack of snow should make for some good hunting but after seeing a small buck in the yard today who was still sporting his antlers I will likely wait. Anyone been finding any?

I'm still looking to find my first one. I've only put about 12 hours in total over the years but thought at some point I'd stumble on one.

It varies so much, in 1 of my areas shedding is under way, in the other it doesn't really pay to look until mid-march on, we have plenty of bucks in March with full headgear, have dozens of trailcam pics that show that, so years ago I used to look way to early for them, no wonder I never found any or many, and some bucks just may shed a lot sooner than others, some a lot later, if you have the area you plan to shed hunt in try putting a t-cam there and every so often check it out, that will give you a rough idea in your area when it generally happens, can this type of winter though have anything to do with when they'll drop em, I'll be interested to see if it changes my late shed area. Many told me in bad winters they'll drop em sooner but I haven't noticed that according to t-cam footage, good luck.

I saw a huge buck on my way in to work this morning on 62 just west of tracy ave in the cattails.

Saw 3 bucks last night in SE metro and all of them had both antlers. 1 was 1.5 old and the other 2 probably 2.5 years.

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes and I'm not sure if I still believe it. I just saw a buck walking through the woods by my house with what looked to be antlers in place on both sides????!!!??? I tried to get a pic, but with the brush and "browness" of the woods right now there was no way.

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes and I'm not sure if I still believe it. I just saw a buck walking through the woods by my house with what looked to be antlers in place on both sides????!!!??? I tried to get a pic, but with the brush and "browness" of the woods right now there was no way.

Not at all uncommon. I have seen bucks carrying into the latter part of April in extreme cases, and quite a few into the mid to latter part of March. Just never know.

Two of the biggest bucks I've ever seen were running together mid-April several years ago.

Uncles T-cam report just starting to see 1 horned bucks and most with both sides yet, but it's underway and by the end of the month we're good to go.