• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone know how Duck Lake is producing? I want to bring my daughter out with me, and would like to keep her busy....or any other lake near Mankato producing gills? wink

I was out on Duck Lake last Saturday and we had some good action right outside of the deep hole in the middle of the lake. When we left there were 3 permanent ice houses out there and we set up about 50 yards away from them. Caught a bunch of crappies. When we switched to wax worms the sunfish were having a hay day.... nothing to big on the sunnie front but the crappies were decent in size. Kept 7 Crappies all over 10"

Hope this helps! Good Luck!

I can second the action on Duck. I and 2 buddys fished there Saturday too. One guy got out there ahead of us and was catching sunfish near the bottom in about 20'. When I put my vex in his ice hole he had a mark @ 10' and started catching crappies. We finished with 14 9"-10" crappies...

eyes317

Not a problem.... anytime I can help get a youngster hooked on outdoor activiies its worth sharing the info! Good Luck!

I was in about 14 fow and didnt even see one come through.... unless they did and just weret hungery... I was out there from 4-11pm and didnt have one strike. I was using crappie minnows and medium shiners at all times on one line....

Pry going out there again this weekend and try again. I know there are some decent sized pike in that lake

• 11 months later...

How is duck lake producing. I thought I have heard it has a good night bite. Going to head out there around 6 tonight. How has the fishing been on duck or hows the night bite?

I've been out to duck a few times with my kids. We have been catching quite a few crappies and even sunnies, but I feel like 1 out of 10 only has some decent size to it. Because I'm with my kids, I don't really care, just like to see the bobber go down. Ran a few flags and has some luck as well...again nothing to large, but the kids LOVE pulling em' out :-D

GOOD LUCK!!!

• 1 month later...