• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thanks to Beacon Harbor

Tube_hoggin62

A group of three fished out of Beacon Harbor Friday night through Sunday morning. We stayed in the motel and fished out of our portable. Very nice people and will plan on going back again. This was my third trip to Red this year and did very well on the first two. I had high hopes that the fishing would be good but after reading some slower reports I starting getting nervous. We originally planned on trying out deeper and away from the crowds. Friday we started in 14' with decent luck until houses started pulling in and generators were buzzing all around us. Saturday we headed out and made it a point to get all by ourselves. We found a spot in 13ft of water and boy did it pay off. We caught walleyes all day with many more fish lost in the hole. It wasn't one after the next but not many dead periods. At that point we were already satisfied and said all we need now is a big pike and crappie. Well about 10 minuted after that was said my buddy pulled in a fat 42" Pike which was a personal best! Sunday morning we landed some more walleyes and to finish it off a 14" crappie. We kept three limits and figure we caught around 50+ walleyes along with a few keeper perch. Overall we had a great time and like everyone says move away from the crowds. All fish were caught on fatheads with the trusty red rattlin flyer doing the best.

Overall we had a great time and like everyone says move away from the crowds.

Amazing what a difference spreading out makes.