• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Itasca State Park reports?

Anyone been out on Lake Itasca, Elk Lake or Squaw? Will be heading up this weekend and any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I hope someone can help you out, fishing has been good all over the north country due to the lack of the snow on the ice I believe. It might have even changed the location on where fish usually are this time of year. If you don't find fish in your usual spots, think early ice spots. Good luck, and let us know how you do.

Itasca has been producing a few eyes and perch. I heard the panfish can be found on Mary Lake. Remember to check regs as the lakes you mentioned all have special regs. I'm going to be making another trip up the last weekend of Jan, hopefully you have a good report for me.

Sorry but I screwed up. It will be the last weekend in January that I will be in the park fishing. I will post my results when I am done.

Take care on the ice!

• 2 weeks later...

Well it was slow for us this past weekend. We managed some nice size perch and that was about it. Of course a couple northerns but no size to them. Still a great weekend to be out on the ice.

Sorry but I screwed up. It will be the last weekend in January that I will be in the park fishing. I will post my results when I am done.

Take care on the ice!

Made it out this weekend but not on Itasca. Went to a couple of lakes north of Nevis and iced about 175-200 crappies but only 3 keepers. Almost all were in the 8.5" to 9" size. Also caught a few small pike on tip ups. Not the best for size but plenty of action.