• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

15-1 Teams

gopher_nation

I read something pretty comical the other day.

Mike Tice and Daunte Culpepper have more playoff victories at Lambeau then do McCarthy and Rodgers. grin

I'm surprised there hasn't been more heat on Mac. In a nutshell that on-side kick attempt was the worse call in NFL play-off history and it turned the game around completely.... It was extremely arrogant and cocky to say the least. It made absolutely no sense at the time.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more heat on Mac. In a nutshell that on-side kick attempt was the worse call in NFL play-off history and it turned the game around completely.... It was extremely arrogant and cocky to say the least. It made absolutely no sense at the time.

I agree that the coaching decision to kick an onside kick at at the time was stupid, but it really had no bearing on the game.

The Giants were not able to do anything with the ball and no points were scored. The Packers got the ball on their 30 yard line. Again no real bearing on the game.

It changed field position which changed the complexion of the game, PERIOD. It was beyond ridiculous to not kick the ball away after the Packer score. It changed the game. I do disagree with the special teams coach of the Giants that it pumped them up. I think its apparent it affected the Packer players more as they have the same feelings millions of us had when it was attempted. HUH? WA? NAH? REALLY?

Quote, from Tom Quinn special team coach "when they tried that non-sense it gave us energy and additionally motivation. We were like WTH was that? and the rest is history"

It changed field position which changed the complexion of the game, PERIOD. It was beyond ridiculous to not kick the ball away after the Packer score. It changed the game. I

Changed field position, what? crazy Say the Pack kicked off, Giants stalled in their end. Any football coach would be happy to get the ball back on their own 30 yd line. Then the Pack stalled and punted a touchback.

What field position are you talking about?

You would have to understand basic football fundemantals in order to understand.

Please enlighten me on how getting the ball on your own 30 yard line changes field position negatively for you.

15-1 pack worst what, they have a QB there that will always give you a chance, the core group are the Mannings,Rodgers,Big Ben,Brees,Brady. They are the ones I've been watching in the superbowls the last decade. Tier 2's Flacco,Ryan,Smith. which means you better have Brad Johnon's Tampa D or Trent Dilfer's Balt. D.

• 2 weeks later...

You Packer fans realize the Vikings have won an NFL Championship, which is essentially a Super Bowl, they just didn't call it the Super Bowl yet.

Another point to bring up, the Packers had over 20+ years of seasons they were amongst the worst teams in the NFL. They shook the dice on a guy the Falcons didn't want and it worked out, if it didn't they would more than likely still be horrible.

The Twins have won 2 World Series to the Brewers 0, and to me that is a much tougher accomplishment- especially when they won it- there were no wild cards.

And finally- the Packers uniforms are the ugliest things on the planet. The only thing worse is when they put on the doo-doo brown throwbacks they have.

You Packer fans realize the Vikings have won an NFL Championship, which is essentially a Super Bowl, they just didn't call it the Super Bowl yet.

1 out of 50+ years ain't bad I guess...especially when you live in Loserville USA.

hehe.gif

Quote:

Ah yes! 1969...Vikings won the NFL championship and lost the Super Bowl to AFL champion Kansas City 23-7. The last year of the two leagues. Credit the NFL with recognizing it would lose ground if it kept sending losers to the Super Bowl.

This thread has been great!

But this statement is awesome!

Just think...in five years the Vikings might have the same amount of regular season wins that the Packers had this year.

Just think...in five years the Vikings might have the same amount of regular season wins that the Packers had this year.

This is a fact:

For about a quarter century after Lombardi's departure, the Packers had relatively little on-field success. In the 24 seasons from 1968 to 1991, the Packers had only five seasons with a winning record (above .500), one being the shortened 1982 strike season. They appeared in the playoffs twice during that period, with a record of 1–2.

Another fact:

LMITs denied being a Packers fan a bazillion times on this very website, then been a hypocrite and then turned around and been their biggest cheerleader. Get him some puke colored pom poms and make up your freakin mind plz

Fact:

Purple, the name and the colour, comes from a dye made from the mucus glands of a tropical sea snail.

Nice mucus-colored jerseys you got there! waytogo.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

laugh LOL,

this is awesome.

Just stopped in to see how the Pack did in the Superbowl tonight with good ol' double choke Rodgers cool

I think he was busy polishing his MVP trophy.

I'm sure Jerrie Allen was doing the same with his trophy for Defensive Player of the Ye... Oops, maybe not.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Vikings had as many playoff wins as the Packers this year.

When they kept panning the super bowl rings, I missed the Vikings ring(s). Any chance of getting an image uploaded to this site? wink

As Brady said after the game tonight, I'd rather be here and lose than not be here at all. Where were the Vikings when the playoffs started?

Figuring out who is going to run the team.

Panhandling bail money for their 2nd pick in the 2010 draft.

Manipulating the public for new stadium.

Getting estimates to hire their own knee surgeon to fix their overpaid running back in a passing league.

Hiring a 3rd LB coach while two other recently fired coaches decline the defensive coordinator position.

Planning how to botch their #3 pick in the upcoming draft.

Scheming how to get over the hump and win more than three games next year. Priceless.

Honestly LMIT...you need to stop making yourself feel better by comparing the Packer season against the Viking's. Everyone on here knows the Vikings sucked this year.

Admit they choked in the play-offs and move on...I realize that's hard to do when everyone in Wisc. had their hotel rooms reserved in Indy. But please, just move on.

You might want to scroll back and look who dug up this thread. Hint: It wasnt me.

You're right though, how anyone can rip on the Packers after their team phoned it in about four weeks into the season is ridiculous. Go lay by your dish and keep quiet after your whoopin'. Shame on me for thinking that I might be able to talk a Viking fan back to reality. smile

I might be able to talk a Viking fan back to reality.

Viking....fan....reality. Words you seldom see in the same sentence.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

You might want to scroll back and look who dug up this thread. Hint: It wasnt me.

You're right though, how anyone can rip on the Packers after their team phoned it in about four weeks into the season is ridiculous. Go lay by your dish and keep quiet after your whoopin'. Shame on me for thinking that I might be able to talk a Viking fan back to reality. smile

Pretty week LMIT for a defender to the pretenders.

I'm pretty sure most of us Vikings fans knew they sucked.

Pretty sure most Packer Fans were expecting to be in the Super Bowl again cool

They were weren't they? laugh

No pretend in the Rodgers double choke though.

That was FOR REAL man. grin

Interesting...Six weeks after the end of the regular season, I, as a Packer fan am celebrating 15 wins and lamenting two losses and looking forward to corrections for the two losses in the off season. The Vikings' fans seem to only celebrate losses. On the bright side, we each got to celebrate 15 times this past season. Does that make us bros??? confused