• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Green Lake - Trash left on the lake

To the guy who drove his car like a mad man on the lake, almost running over my tipup and I'm sure other peoples. With your 2 young kids riding with you. Thank you for proving me right. You left half a garbage bag worth of garbage on the lake and shoved in the holes you drilled. Nice example for your kids. If I would have written down your license plate I would have called the DNR or cops. In fact the next time I see your car on the ice I will call the DNR/cops.

You are the people that will ruin and have ruined some of the beautiful lakes we have in our state. It makes me sick to see you teach this practice to your kids. It was great of you to bring your kids out fishing but please show some respect to the outdoors, your kids are watching and will treat the outdoors the same way you do.

I picked up your garbage this time, and will again next time if I'm there, but it just chaps my rear......

I will get off my soapbox now, but to everyone out there on the lakes that treats them with respect, talk to these people if you know them. Let them know that this type of behavior is not acceptable.

Thanks for reading and good luck fishing to everyone!

Good work on the clean up guntar! I only takes one guy like that to ruin a night, doesn't it? Sounds like that piece of work really soured your evening... bummer. Did you find any fish?

Every year it happens. Good work on cleaning up after them. It's all you can do most of the time. If you get a plate number, call it in. This ear hasn't been as bad with fewer people fishing, but I still find garbage most times I go out. I just pick it up and throw it in the sled.

I also thank you.. But I would be willing to bet, the person you are writing this to, is not a person reading these boards..

I was fishing alittle lake by Mora a few weeks ago and some guy came out at dusk and set up. I left and the next day I came out and there was [PoorWordUsage] everywhere!! Cans(12+) dozens of cigarette butts, several plastic caps, fishing gear, a busted tip-up and several roaches! I cleaned it all up and a local came over and said what a piece the guy was and must be, and that he is probably from the east side of St.paul or something. I replied that I was from the east side and I doubt he was! It is usually locals who destroy their own backyard!

OldenDays, thank you very much for picking up trash from a lake. i do the same when i see it. good luck.

To the guy who drove his car like a mad man on the lake, almost running over my tipup and I'm sure other peoples. With your 2 young kids riding with you. Thank you for proving me right. You left half a garbage bag worth of garbage on the lake and shoved in the holes you drilled. Nice example for your kids. If I would have written down your license plate I would have called the DNR or cops. In fact the next time I see your car on the ice I will call the DNR/cops.

You are the people that will ruin and have ruined some of the beautiful lakes we have in our state. It makes me sick to see you teach this practice to your kids. It was great of you to bring your kids out fishing but please show some respect to the outdoors, your kids are watching and will treat the outdoors the same way you do.

I picked up your garbage this time, and will again next time if I'm there, but it just chaps my rear......

I will get off my soapbox now, but to everyone out there on the lakes that treats them with respect, talk to these people if you know them. Let them know that this type of behavior is not acceptable.

Thanks for reading and good luck fishing to everyone!

Guntar for PRESIDENT! I agree 110%

Thats too bad how people go and do that gabage. Good job and thanks for cleaning up after some inconsiderate a-holes. I love that lake and go there all the time and would do the same.

Guntar for PRESIDENT! I agree 110%

Whoa now, FishSystem! I don't think you've ever met Guntar! wink He'd make it in office for about three days before he'd have 19 different groups of people ticked off at him! grin He'd probably go and make beer the national beverage and institute a policy of a four day work week for everyone. He might even require national holidays on fishing and hunting openers. Wow, the more I think about this, I'm starting to agree-- Guntar for President!!! smilegrinlaugh

LOL- Guntar is a good buddy of mine and I totally agree. Great work on the cleanup, Guntar.