• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ND's Ben Blood

Hockey Guy

].

Brooks, get a hold of your fans.

Oh come Scott. I couldn't disagree with you anymore than everything you said on here. No point in arguing even further. This is the best chatter we've had all year on here. Man I hope this two meet again in the final five. This is why the rilvary needs to be continued. If these two meet in the final five or NCAA tourney I'm going.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scsavre

• cbrooks

• Bear55

• Bryce

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got half season tick to the gophs and havnt missed more then 5 wild games a year since 2007. Not that many people care if we play the sioux, xcept for the die hards. Its usually my favorite series, but again I'm a die hard.

By the way, that head to head record the last 5 years should be more favor to the sioux. Those were some bad goph teams.

An as far as anyone who says its a smart money move to play at the ralph, gophs make a lot more money to play anyone at home. Id like to see the gophs to continue to go up there. I'm just saying that with dumb moves like last weekend, the school isn't going to see any logic in going up there.

Oh and the gophs highest attendence was notre dame this year.

Brooks your coming to stp this year either way, I bet the musky expo is the same weekend again.

Und tries to make this series bigger then it is. 10 years ago it was all wisc, then und the last 10 years. Most people really don't care. Unfortuneatley wisc is so much better then the gophs at all other sports that rivalry might continue to do.

Pleasebecomeasponsor is a more on and should get back to work

You guys havn't even mentioned thee Cheepshot of the weekend. And then his little cry-baby antics after he got tossed.

The Sioux are who we thought they were ... grin

On side note it appears we are very weak again as a conference with just one good team.

You guys havn't even mentioned thee Cheepshot of the weekend. And then his little cry-baby antics after he got tossed.

Cheap shot of the weekend goes to either Mark Alt for his check from behind on Micheal Parks or Jake Hansen for his slash at Blood then hiding behind the refs.

Alts was a major but not enough intent to injure there. Kristos may have been the best. Got him from behind and tries elboying him in the bck of the head.

Hansens just wasn't That uncommon. As far as cheapshots it wasnt that bad this weeknd. Just some dumb unsportsmanlike junk.

I wonder who yanked the A, its not hakstols style to punish.

Side note, did any of you hear fridays PA show on kfan when he was talking about blood being a goon. Bloods dad called and yelld at the producer andsaid he wasn't cheap at all. Bad timing for his old man.

Oh really? Lets just say it rymes with crisco. grin

And lets not kid ourselves as we all know the Sioux have wrote the book on cheap play over the years.

The Canadian mentalty is who we thought they were... smile

On a side note props to Bryce for not going into hypernation as most of the Sioux/Packer faithful have.

Great sports weekend!

]Alts was a major but not enough intent to injure there.

Not a intent to injure? It sounds like Michael Parks won't be able to play because of that hit. My only point is that Minnesota is as innocent as you may believe.

Yeah PB I know who you were talking about. He wasn't the only one to get a CFB(checking from behind) penalty this weekend but I do agree with him getting the cry baby award. What a weekend.

And LMITOUT...ah forget it. How long to you plan to have your Bison "water down" D1 champ avator? grin

LOL @ hybernation. Just got too busy prepping for Winnie and dealing with wifeys therapy or I would've been in here all last week with a huge swizzle stick. Got make sure someone calls out these rodent rubes that believe their team skates with halos hovering above their helmets. Tell a Sioux fan they play cheap and you'll just get a happy grin and directions to the trophy case. Tell that to a rodent fan and they get all whiney and defensive.

UND what a CLASSLESS program. Checking from be hide on the gopher player, then Danny Kristo goes on a temper tantrum after getting called on it. Ha! What a bunch of Babies!!!

I hope the U of M never players them again, after Hakstal flips the bird to the gophers a couple of years ago. Gophers fans getting the beat to a bloodily mess after the games. UND fans are terrible. Blood should be suspended, thats what would happen in any other college sport.

You know what I mean Brooks, Cry Baby Kristo's was more intent to hurt someone. Alts turned out to be a bigger hit, but he didnt come up from behind, nail the guy and punch him in the head. I actually woulda called Kristo on the head contact but not a major behind call, if that helps my argument at all.

The things that bother me about the Sioux, besides all the crying they do is the little cheapshots. Like after they scored, the guy ran into Patterson a little. That was fine, however he gets up and pushes Patterson to the ice on the way to celebrate. That is just classless, not tough. Or after the first goal Rau is going to congratulate and Blood crass checks behind the net. again....weak. If anyone is a bunch of whiners and crybabies its the Sioux.

Brooks, I dont think you and Shorelunch would get along with MNExporer very well.

"]

Brooks, I dont think you and Shorelunch would get along with MNExporer very well.

You can always tell a Bison, you just can't tell them much...am I right MNExplorer? grinwink. A Bison fan is a hockey fan as often as I'm basketball fan...

Scott your starting to nip pic every little thing in those games.

I didn't keep track of all the after the whistle stuff. Pretty sure it wasn't just one side doing it. If your team is so innocent and squeaky clean what happen during the Mich Tech series?

http://www.sportsgrid.com/uncategorized/...o-come-on-over/

If your team is so innocent and squeaky clean what happen during the Mich Tech series?

Sioux fans must be jealous of that one. wink

On side note it appears we are very weak again as a conference with just one good team.

Come on Pier give us a little credit, how about 1.5 good teams?

The mich tech episoe was embarrassing. Lucia shoulda let the assistant handle that. It was nice to see that hegets mad tho. The nippicky stuff makes for good rivalarys. The hacks durring play, sticks after the whistle, just to let you know he's there. Those are the things that get mad, but I like it, its fun and not long after the game.

Quote:
LOL @ hybernation.

I said NOT going into hybernation like we all have done when our sports teams lose. You were/are here posting and NOT hybernating, hence the props. You get that its just sports and it means nothing in the grand scheme of things!

I think Alts cheapshot hit was payback for Kristo's actually and for the record the Sioux whine no MORE then any other college athletes.

go Gophs~

I don't know kristos whihhing was as good as I've seen in years.

Alts wasn't retaliating, just a dumb bad hit. Gophs woulda responded durring Friday if they were gonna I don't think they were very upset abouts kristos hit.

Alright… I’m ready for you all to gang up and bash me for what I’m about to say… I think that 90 percent of the checking from behind penalties that I have witnessed over the last 10 years shouldn’t have been penalties at all. I think that the players that received the checks should have been assessed unsportsmanlike conduct penalties for turning their backs in a situation that they knew they were going to be getting hit in order to draw a penalty. IMO it’s a no different than diving. Look, hockey is a physical sport. I think that the reason players are getting hurt is because of all the rules that have been put into place that are supposed to protect them. Unintended consequences my friends.

I’m 43 years old. I grew up playing hockey and I still play a couple of time each week. We were taught at a the Mite level how to take a hit and we literally practiced it at every level. We were taught to develop a “Radar” and to expect a hit at anytime from anywhere. There was no penalty for checking from behind because it was obvious back then that if you were just barely ahead of a guy when you were going into the boards after a loose puck that there was a better than average chance you were going to get hit. There were penalties for Roughing, Boarding, and cross-checking for those ‘Intent to injure’ situations where people were assessed a major penalty or thrown out of the game. I’m just saying that not having checking in the game from the time kids are five years old is doing young players more harm than good. I’m a father and I really feel terrible for the kids and their families that were so severely injured last week, and I don’t want to see my kids get hurt either. But statistically, there is no doubt that the more rules that are implemented; the more injuries occur a few years down the road. I know, I know, the players are bigger and stronger now, but there wouldn’t be near as many concussions if these guys were EXPECTING to get hit rather than the other way around.

I say reinstitute checking all the way down to Mites, teach the players how to take a hit and to expect it, teach them to keep their heads up and develop that “Radar”, and either get rid of the checking from behind penalty or start calling players for diving when they know they’re going to get hit and they turn their back. If there is still intent to injure, the player should be thrown out for boarding or roughing just like it used to be. Alright… Bring it on…

For a guy named hockey guy you don't seem to post here much.

However I do agree with most of what you said. I think saying 90% sould be no calls if wrong. But I do agree with most everything else. I think a lot of concussions and the increase of these chcks from behind are bcause these kids are coddelled. They are so over equipt and protected by the rules that they no longer protect themselves. I agree they never learned to take a hit.

I'm not sureif a mite would know how to check, but taking cecking out of the game would ruin it.

Side note, before u get incouraged that I agree with you, its usually a bad thing to have my support.

For a guy named hockey guy you don't seem to post here much.

However I do agree with most of what you said. I think saying 90% sould be no calls if wrong. But I do agree with most everything else. I think a lot of concussions and the increase of these chcks from behind are bcause these kids are coddelled. They are so over equipt and protected by the rules that they no longer protect themselves. I agree they never learned to take a hit.

I'm not sureif a mite would know how to check, but taking cecking out of the game would ruin it.

Side note, before u get incouraged that I agree with you, its usually a bad thing to have my support.

New topic for checking from behind please. No reason for the whole Sioux/rodent discussion to end up down in sillytown. Our banter supports/carries its own insanity.

There are players on every team that are hacks or cheapshots. They always have to give the extra slash, punch , push or elbow after the whistle. UND just seams to have more then other teams and when things don't go their way it gets worse. I coached physical play but when the whistle blows or the game is over win or lose you act like a man or accept my punishment. After all it is just a game that most of us are or were able to be a part of. A side from the cheap stuff UND/MN is my favorite and I have been watching the gophers since the early 70's.

I have been watching the gophers since the early 70's.

Man I wish I would have been alive or old enough to watch some of those Brooks teams in the mid to late 70's, sounds like a fun time to be a gopher fan.

I just changed my opinion on ben blood. He is my new favorite player. He has given me 3 days of forumn reading and thus allowed me to avoid my actual job. Thanks.

Brooks, you hack. I need a destination for my feb ice fishing trip, where

O

do I go

I just changed my opinion on ben blood. He is my new favorite player. He has given me 3 days of forumn reading and thus allowed me to avoid my actual job. Thanks.

Brooks, you hack. I need a destination for my feb ice fishing trip, where

O

do I go