• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Problem with humminbird Ice 35

simple1

Question

All,

I need some trouble shooting help. Last night I placed the transducer in the hole and noticed a lot of clutter starting at about 6" above bottom and going to about 3 foot above the bottom. It was like this in the other holes i drilled also. Also, I was not able to see my jig unless i really turned up the gain way above normal. And doing this amplified the clutter to the point of uselessness. The only think I can think that may have caused the problem is I left my bird in the garage for 3 days during the cold spell.

It has been a great machine the last two years and this is certainly not normal behavior. Any suggestions. Im thinking something must have happened to the transducer, but I have now idea what.

Simple1

3 answers to this question

It was probably just plankton in the water. It often shows up more after dark. Try it in the day time and see if it isn't clear.

I do not think the sitting the garage was an issue. Mine are in the cold all the time.

Now, could the bottom of the ducer had a cover of ice on it, maybe. Before I went out again, I would also clean the bottom of the ducer.

Were you fishing over weeds?

either of those scenarios will cause the symptoms you describe.

also check the bottomof the transducer for knicks or scratches.

I'm leaning towards the plankton theory. I've encountered this several times. only near and after dark though.