• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I am on an annual trip with my brother in laws to a cabin in Nevis, normally we fish Leech or some of the lakes aways east of here. This year we would like to try some of the many lakes closer to us. I'm just curious which lakes would be worth our time? There are so many options we cant make a choice. Any suggestions? We are mainly looking to chase some "eater size" panfish and perch. A little evening walleyes would be cool too but I understand that infos at a premium. Just a lake name thats been producing would ne nice well put the work in to find them. Thanks in advance!

Anywhere in the area would be a decent place to try. Personally Potato and Big Sand would be a good place to start.

Not to be specific, but the crow wing chain has good panfish and walleyes. I'd avoid big sand and be careful on potato. Big sand access is located at the river outlet, on potato watch the sand bar by the west arm. The ice is unpredictable there.

Thanks guys, ended up on portage, it was a good day out there. Message me if you'd like details. Details will be limited to those who provided i wink nfo for obvious reasons.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

That would be nice PDOGG.

We really need more folks in this forum smile who share info. When "you share", others share...especially when you need it at another time.

We are also looking for more Park Rapids folks to step up in here and provide area info.

We want more HSO staff in this area. Start providing regular info and helping folks out in here. Then let us know you are interested in becoming a member of the HSO Team for the Park Rapids Area.

It's definitely "More Fun" that way. cool

Just call the park rapids bait store and the will always be willing to tell you where to fish. they have been telling me same thing everytime I go in there for the past 20 years no matter what time of year or what kind of weather. The say..."Potato or Long...6- 20 feet near the weeds....then try maybe Portage"

Leech has been on fire the past few years....so we drive from our cabin in Park Rapids over to Leech Lake and I can tell you that it is well worth the trip!

The panfish bite was oustanding in 14 fow gill's where hammering flutter jigs tipped with waxies and the crappies where tearing up jigging raps. Found some walleyes in a bit shallower on jigging raps and tip up's with shiner's.