• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I am in the marketing to buying a new portable most likely for next season. I am been looking around. I am really interested in the Jason Mitchell Thermal X 2 Man - 9029.

I have owned a Dave Genz FIsh Trap Voyager and loved it but am looking to get into the thermal skins. Can I get some feed back about what you guys own : pros/cons... So if any of you have an Otter/CLam/Frabill/ etc... please post

I own the Clam Fish Trap Voyager TCX (thermal top) and love it. The seats are the most comfortable I have sat in for a porty. Personally, I like the piece of mind of having the more durable fabric on the sides with only the top being thermal. I would think the thermal fabric would wear faster.

Also my $0.02, but I have the 96 LED strip of bright white lights from Northern_bright_lights and they are the only way to go. No more knocking over the lantern.

I also have a clam with the insulated top and don't feel its necessary to go fully thermal, also the first thing to do is throw away the rope that is sent with it and get a longer one or it will be hitting your heels as you walk. Another thing, whatever kind you get make sure the door is offset as then you can put the heater on one side and have no interference with door.

Canvas Craft

Best insulation of any other insulated portable on the market today.

This baby is very warm and takes very little in the heat dept.

I am on I believe year 4 with mine with zero issue. NO broken windows, tore fabric or anything.

The Canvas Craft has the round poles and they slide as well or better than anything out there. I have never bent a pole and as I stated, they slide up and down with ease.

The tub is still an Otter I believe and the seats are also comfy.

I did spray some camp dry on the seams of the material just to make sure there would never be any water leaking issues through the sewed material.

Zero condensation on the inside.

Lights up very well as the inside of the material is white.

Very simply put, a very well built insulated portable.

One cannot go wrong with one of the Canvas Craft line of portables.

Do yourself a favor and at least check out the Canvas Craft line when your are looking at all the options out there.

The new Otter insulated model is also a very nice house. Just does not have as much insulation quality as the CC.