• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gunflint trail trout lakes

Anybody going up the trail this week end? First time for me in a long time going to try birch is it true u can use minnows on that lake. IT HAS BEEN SO LONG I THOUGHT U USED TO BE ABLE TO USE MINNOWS ON BIRCH good luck to any body going

According to the reg book, Birch is not a "Designated Trout Lake" so minnows are OK. I'll be up in that area in a a month. Staying at Hungry Jack Lodge. I can't wait.

I'm in Grand Marais as I type! I'll be hitting Greenwood in a few hours, then Trout on sunday.

As far as birch lake goes, minnows are allowed, although lake trout and splake are no longer stocked...rainbows and brookies now.

• 3 weeks later...

Go to a different lake everybody did better than the people on birch on opener most guys had 1 or 2 fish on birch opening weekend some none

sounds like most trout lakes did better than birch unless you have some secret bait or u are just lucky any way good luck when u go i can give details if u PM me

There's a decent rockpile way down the lake on the east end that has been good for lakers in the past - bit of a walk from the landing but may provide some laker action. Look for holes or get the lake map before you go. Vex helps in the deeper water...