• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice Issue

Portavilla

A new crack has formed out of Rogers resort it's starts about 3/4 of a mile out and goes down the road for a couple of miles. If you cross the bridge stay to the right, before the bridge you can travel left or right. The crack is 8" wide.

If you are fishing with an outfitter they have already made ajustments. If you are fishing by yourself use caution. The cold snap will probaly produce more activity in the ice sheet. This has not put a stop to things just something to be aware of. When you stop at Rogers to get your road pass you will be informed of updates.

This report has been confirmed by the road operators. I will make updates as they come in otherwise no further comments.

Hey at least I have not been asked this year should we bring boots. That has always been my favorite. Most guys from down here in the cities would never need an extention and for the most part you don't need boots, warm clothes and 12" of ice your good to go. It's a very different situation up on Red.

Chris,

Me and some buddies are coming up and staying in one of your 6 mans Jan 22-25. Not knowing much about the lake, are we going to need an auger extension. Cant tell from some of the posts on HSO if people are being sarcastic or if they are being used.

Thanks