• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Panfish lakes?

Hello HSO members. Looking for a new lake to try out for panfish. Whenever I drive up from St.Cloud I always fish the 371 Bay on North Long. Have had mixed results. Found big sunnies on days that I locate fish. However,I would like to try out a different body of water. Any suggestions? Might be heading up tomorrow if anybody is looking for company on the ice.

Hello - we were up last year and caught quite a few crappies on Lake Nisswa along with some nice sunnies. I'm thinking it is not a real popular lake as there were only a few houses on the lake. Good Luck!!

North Long is one of the best big sunnie lakes here, lots of areas to try if u want to explore head to the main lake. I think the biggest sunnies are found out there but finding them can be a challenage in one day. Merrifield bay is very good too, but is pretty popular, I usually wait till late ice to fish it. Lots of other lakes are better/easier to fish for crappies Upper hay, margaret, nisswa, cullen chain.... all are very easy to find fish, but size varies greatly and all are fished pretty hard whenever a good crappie bite emerges.

Good did really well on eyes all December on Osakis...now trying to find the pan fish bite. I'll have to let you know next time I'm fishing in the area.