• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

There was Blood Everywhere!

B-man715

A buddy and I headed up north yesterday to run snowshoe hare.

Temps were a little below freezing with week old crusty snow. The dogs did okay, but there were sure a lot of checks......

We picked up the dogs and were headed to the next spot, when one of my dogs decided it needed to bail out of the truck bed going 15 mph. She cut her ear and man did it bleed! I was able to get it stopped and taped up, but the tape didn't last too long....

At first I thought her e-collar punctured an artery in her neck.....Glad to see it was just a small cut.

It looked like she killed somebody smile

It was my fault for being lazy and not loading them into the dog box.........

Live and learn.........

The crust took its toll on all of the dogs pads, pretty much all of them were bleeding too.

P1030974.jpg

Those ears bleed !! my friends dog bit my dog and put a tooth into her ear,thought he got her throat....

Get any bunnies?

I don't go too crazy gunning hare anymore.

It's like catch and release for the most part (well, run and release anyway smile )

It's nice to let them go to run another day.

I do carry a .410 pistol and pop off a round or two once in a while. A dead hare makes every beagle picture better smile

P1060474.jpg

P1060474.jpg

I had a lab get bit years ago - took a small notch out and it bleed like crazy. Took a few hours to get it to stop. When I brought the dog home the wife thought our dog had killed something. Wish I had pictures. Yellow lab with blood from head to toe.

• 4 weeks later...

yep - ear cuts are super nasty.

my yellow lab got a little slice in his ear getting out of the truck one day last winter just as we got out on the ice. he bled like a stuck pig for 3 hours, was trotting around on the ice with blood covering his neck and front leg. didn't want to just go right home and have him bleed all over the truck and house but other people out on the lake that day must have thought I had tried to kill him or something.

glad your dog is ok