• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2012 Sturgeon Excursion

Capt. Quicksteel

OK, I've waited until January 6th and nothing! When are we going to start to talk about this year's excursion? I'm ready to start worrying about water levels and boat landings etc.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• harvey lee

• Matt C

• Capt. Quicksteel

• Big Country

Maybe this will get some people thinking about the big girls. Cant wait for this year going up a few days early to hit the walleyes the then it will be big fish on. This will be my second year and can hardly wait.full-14944-16178-0415111549a.jpg

That looks like the boat that Mrs Boilerguy hooked into last year laugh

This is on MY TO DO EVERY YEAR LIST from now on.

This is a blast from building snowmen in the boat to catching the preistoric monsters of the deep. I got on the calender

Yes, last year the snow in the boat in the morning was not cool.

Temps were on the cold side also.

I have been up the last 4-5 years and I think this year, I am going to wait a couple weeks later for nicer, more enjoyable temps. Fishing is still good and not sitting in the cold and maybe snow does not thrill me.

The Sturg are a blast.

our group has decided to wait a couple weeks till warmer weather.i have one question for everyone out there.this will be our third year with our group and i wanna make a traveling trophy for the guy with the biggest fish. any ideas? ok start now........ ha ha thanks

iceman

Totally cannot wait for the '12 SE. This year is going to be EPIC. Been going up the weekend after tax day every year for the past 5yrs. If it ain't broke, ...

Last year 42 of us came up in our group. It's not really a traveling trophy but it's a take home plaque. I got them made in Rochester for $22 for each 5x7 (pictured), and $17 for each 4x6. Last year plaques were given to the top 6 fish (all were over 60"). I think there were 25-30 guys that wanted in on these plaques and I charged them $5 each.

Gold, Silver, Bronze

2010_sturgeon_excursion_plaques.jpg

Yes Harvey Lee the battle was epic but the lund won.

I dont know about that and you would have to ask MRS. boilerguy about that as she tells a different stroy and how the monster lund was a tough battle and finally in the end yes the lund did win overall and it was released to fight another day grin

I know Mrs.B didnt have much fight left in her by the end of that wrestling match laugh but she still managed to make snowmen on the boat..

Yes Gordie, I was not that far away and along with others, we thought Mrs B had a monster on the line.

Darn anchor ropes!!

Darn anchor ropes!!

Lol.

I once played the Moby Richard of Sturgeon in the Mississippi River for 45 minutes before I realized I was hooked on an Underwater cable.

FishinLogician and I hope to make the Sturgeon Excursion this year for the 1st time since the inaugural event lo those many years ago.

I like the idea of a Walleye/Sturgeon Double Header.

We may end up trying to go during the week instead of the weekend.

I like the plaques. Nice touch.

Hey, it was catch and release. I had to let the boat go! Thems the rules,boys. Otherwise I would have had that baby landed within a few more minutes.

The struggle sure helped combat the cold.

And you must admit, I made an awesome snowman wink Luckily, Gordie was on hand to supply a few things needed to build the little Mr. Bill-looking guy, but strangely enough had no carrots for noses in his tackle box. That's why he ended up with a washer on his face and looked like he was yelling, "Ohhhh noooo."

as far as the date, i believe most people will be getting there fri and staying through sun or mon.

Yeah, Thanks. It was so much fun last year even with the snow, I can't wait to start planning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alright, So whens the date, some details?

I'm going up there this spring for sure, not sure when...Been in the books for the better part of a year!

Alright, So whens the date, some details?

I'm going up there this spring for sure, not sure when...Been in the books for the better part of a year!

April 19-22nd.

Schusters Resort

or

WigWam

Both have special HSO pricing.

It will be a busy weekend, as another group has their Sturgeon Run the same weekend.

Team South Central/West Redneck is booked at Schusters.

Can't wait for the trip. The world may end however when team south redneck and north redneck combine at one resort. laugh

Can't wait for the trip. The world may end however when team south redneck and north redneck combine at one resort. laugh
i think someone needs to start a team central redneck. smile

this is pathetic. 2 months away and i'm already checking the "rainy river" forum daily. i dunno if i'm gonna make it...

Bundt2k, Surface Tension, me and the boys will be at Schusters this year also. Looking forward to the snow fights.

Archerysniper, where ya stayin at? I want to make sure I look you up and buy you one, I owe ya bud. BC

I have 2 questions. First of all, is there some kind of event at wherever the headquarters are? Last year we fished and saw all the boats but didn't really get to talk to anyone. Also, how is date set? Is it opener or are we going by DTRO's horoscope or something like that?

The dates are set by a combanation of different things.

Take the date of Dtros birthday, divide by the weight of my dogs last pile of puke, add the number of times Bunt says "Nice", and subtract the number of pictures of Mrs. Boilerman catching a lund last year........take the final number, mark the calander, take that calander, throw it in the trash, and Rick tells us when the date is set. It's a complicated process be we're getting better at it.

HQ is where ever all the HSO'ers meet up. Team SW/SC Redneck (myself, Mrs boilerman, Bunt, Gordie, Archerysniper) will be at Schuesters. Look for the guys with the hats and stop by for a howdy.