• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tackle shops worst nightmare!!!

Question

Been out fishing a lake and have caught alot of walleyes (ONLY KEPT A FEW TO EAT).
Alot of houses and jigs and spoons,alot of $$. I set up a tipup with a plain red hook and a shiner and caught all the fish.I wasnt real popular as they all moved in on me and still could not get anything.
My secret lure a plain hook for 45cents.

GOODLUCK EVERYBODY FISH ARE BITING

7 answers to this question

The baitstore has gotta love ya though with shiners going at least 7 bucks a dozon wink.gif

Flag up!

><}}}("< ---><!>

yea no doubt, everytime you use a shiner it is about 50-75 cents a minnow. and just think of the ones that die. in the end you are averaging like 2 bucks a minnow lol. i usually just stick with fatheads because the price is alot cheaper. then if my buddies ever get shiners and are throwin em out i scoup em into my bucket. shiners are 8.50 a doz at a few places in white bear.

I caught a couple of walleyes, numerous perch and a 5lb bass this weekend with crappie minnows for $1.17 a dozen. but I have to confess, I did use a swedish pimple.
Dave

actually i have done better using crappie minnows on jigging spoons. just hook a crappie minnow through the body and they stay on good, if you only hook it once it still swims and it isn't too big of a presentation. i donno but it worked for me when a fathead head wasn't working as great.

Thanx Cyber, I thought it was nice too if I do say so myself! Biggest one I have ever caught, summer or winter. It was a hog, found myself talkin like the fishin show guys!

Hey WCMNWALLEY, You're missing the whole point of ice fishing. Its not about fishing or friends or even nature. Its about COLLECTING TACKLE. Most lures aren't made to catch fish anyway, they're made to catch fishermen. Its bad luck to leave a baitshop, sportshop, hardware store or smalltown gas station without buying at least one piece of tackle. When you ask your friend to hand you your tackle box and he needs both hands then you're almost there. I'll leave you with this quote from the Book of Lures, fourth chapter, twenty second verse, And He spake onto Peter, the fisherman, saying," Thy rod and thy reel shall comfort thee, and whosoever shalt have the most lures when he dies, wins". And Peter answered Him, saying," Hand me another beer, ay?"