Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  

Tackle shops worst nightmare!!!

Been out fishing a lake and have caught alot of walleyes (ONLY KEPT A FEW TO EAT).
Alot of houses and jigs and spoons,alot of $$. I set up a tipup with a plain red hook and a shiner and caught all the fish.I wasnt real popular as they all moved in on me and still could not get anything.
My secret lure a plain hook for 45cents.

GOODLUCK EVERYBODY FISH ARE BITING

Cyberfish

The baitstore has gotta love ya though with shiners going at least 7 bucks a dozon wink.gif

Flag up!

><}}}("< ---><!>

Pig_sticka

yea no doubt, everytime you use a shiner it is about 50-75 cents a minnow. and just think of the ones that die. in the end you are averaging like 2 bucks a minnow lol. i usually just stick with fatheads because the price is alot cheaper. then if my buddies ever get shiners and are throwin em out i scoup em into my bucket. shiners are 8.50 a doz at a few places in white bear.

Big Dave2

I caught a couple of walleyes, numerous perch and a 5lb bass this weekend with crappie minnows for $1.17 a dozen. but I have to confess, I did use a swedish pimple.
Dave

Cyberfish

Oh SONnnnn! Nice bass!

><}}}}("< ---><!>

Pig_sticka

actually i have done better using crappie minnows on jigging spoons. just hook a crappie minnow through the body and they stay on good, if you only hook it once it still swims and it isn't too big of a presentation. i donno but it worked for me when a fathead head wasn't working as great.

Big Dave2

Thanx Cyber, I thought it was nice too if I do say so myself! Biggest one I have ever caught, summer or winter. It was a hog, found myself talkin like the fishin show guys!

icehousebob

Hey WCMNWALLEY, You're missing the whole point of ice fishing. Its not about fishing or friends or even nature. Its about COLLECTING TACKLE. Most lures aren't made to catch fish anyway, they're made to catch fishermen. Its bad luck to leave a baitshop, sportshop, hardware store or smalltown gas station without buying at least one piece of tackle. When you ask your friend to hand you your tackle box and he needs both hands then you're almost there. I'll leave you with this quote from the Book of Lures, fourth chapter, twenty second verse, And He spake onto Peter, the fisherman, saying," Thy rod and thy reel shall comfort thee, and whosoever shalt have the most lures when he dies, wins". And Peter answered Him, saying," Hand me another beer, ay?"