Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
harvey lee

Congrats Big Jim

harvey lee

Finally big Jim joins the 600 HR club.

Should be a full house when the Twins come home.

Duffman

Congrats Jim!!!

That man is pure class. Glad he was on our side for a couple of seasons, he's been a joy to watch.

mrklean

congrats jimmy, glad to see he got it, now he can retire at the end of the season as a twin laugh

Toba

I don't think athletes like Thome are recognized enough. We see all too often the ones that are essentially 17 year old boys with millions of dollars. It's fun to see people like this do well.

B. Amish

i like how bert was bashing the yankees and jeter during thome's at bat while espn had picked it up to show nationally.

Duffman

i like how bert was bashing the yankees and jeter during thome's at bat while espn had picked it up to show nationally.

That was more of a slam on ESPN in my opinion. And it was well deserved.

hanronson

Way to go Jim Thome ! ! !

buzbunni

Boy, he sure didn't waste anytime between 599 and 600 did he? smile

Congrats to a class act, Jim Thome.

mainbutter

My gf's friend recently got engaged, so to celebrate we went out for a quick early happy-hour-appetizer-dinner.

We get back home after, and turn the twins game on, as Thome steps up to bat and we hear them mention how he just belted 599. I've only missed one of his HRs this year, so I was a little disappointed.

One swing later, I didn't care that I'd missed the previous at bat!

Talk about our luck, if we'd spent one more minute at dinner, in traffic, or otherwise, we would have missed his monumental achievement being broadcast live.

DonBo

Awfully proud to have him in a Twins uniform for that little bit of history. Congrats Jim!

Harmonica Bear

Very sweet indeed! A claas act for sure and an elite club to be a part of, period! (minus Bonds, Sosa and A-rod).

It was pretty cool, was mowing the lawn, took a quick break for a beer, and caught the whole at bat! Nothing like watching history live.

Jarrid Houston

Such a tremedous thing to get to that club. In all the history of MLB, Mr. JT gets in too! I hope he gets to the hall right away!

Matt S.

Now for him to pass that Sammy So-So and get 10 more.

Outdoor Authority

I hope he gets ten more and puts those unnaturals to shame.

mainbutter

Anyone else see that Cuddy was the first one to congratulate Big Jim? I've always imagined they are best buddies and have plans to go ice fishing together in the off season.. lol.

solbes

Now for him to pass that Sammy So-So and get 10 more.

Yeah but he's a juicer so his position doesn't really matter. He's not going to catch ARod. And he needs 30 more to tie KGriff. So as far as I'm concerned, I think he should hang em up this year with a huge smile on his face. Congrats big Jim! Everyone says what a class act he is, and there is no disputing it.

RJ

Wish I'd have been there to cheer for him. Glad our Tiger fans gave him the ovation he deserved. I remember when Verlander was a young kid (Younger than now, I guess). Thome hit him real hard. Couldn't get him out. I believe they have become friends now. Congrats, from a Tiger fan.

toughguy

Sad to say it but I think it's time to trade him. We got to see 600 and he won't be back next year. I'd like to see him on a team with a chance to win it all - it's then only thing missing from his great career. Might as well take a change with a draft pick or prospect.

mainbutter

As much as I want to see a world series ring go Thome's way, I definitely think that he'd have to go to the Sox, Yanks, or Phillies to have that chance. They are just playing too well this year, though we may have another "Giants-type" upset come postseason.

Unfortunately, I doubt any of them are interested.

zepman

Get something...anything for him now. I bet he wants to leave too.

harvey lee

I figure this will be his last season.

mrklean

lets trade him for a triple a player with a 9.00 ERA would be par for what we got for delmon

mainbutter

I figure this will be his last season.

Supposedly Gardy thinks he's going to be with the twins for one or two more seasons.

mainbutter

Anyone else see that Cuddy was the first one to congratulate Big Jim? I've always imagined they are best buddies and have plans to go ice fishing together in the off season.. lol.

So at the ceremonies tonight, Cuddy got up on the mic and presented Thome with a giant rapala, a fishing rod, and if I heard it right a fishing trip for Thome and his dad to go on. If Cuddy and Thome aren't fishing buddies yet, they're pretty close to it now laugh

Now they just need matching BFFs tattoos laugh

bobbymalone

Glad our Tiger fans gave him the ovation he deserved.

Hopefully he would get that kind of reception everywhere. Regardless of what team you were a fan of or any hard feelings about trades or baseball soap opera stuff, you have to respect 600. You just have to.