Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Boar

Wat are ya gona slay the beast with?

Boar

Gonna have my baby boar shoot this year with the smoke pole. Shes pretty pumped been at the range an she gonna come baiting. Might have it video'd too. Wat yoiu guys using this year? Boar

jerkbait

Thinking I am going to take out the 06, that is what I will scare the beast with whistle. I have also thought about the old 12ga too.

kevfish1

30/30 for me. i have taken 2 bears in my lifetime and the 30/30 dropped both of them in their tracks.

Sorgy

2nd hunt and Archery all the way grin

jay83196

Jumping out of a tree on top of it with a knife in my mouth and see what happens smile trying to decide rifle or 12 gauge I saw a video my buddy Shot a bear with slug and hit what looked like a good shot just behind front leg 1/3 way up body and no blood or no bear... But I keep reading bigger diameter the better, so I'm torn between 30 cal that will go through anything in its way or 72cal slug that makes bigger hole.

charliepete

This will be my 14th year with the bow. I took a year off and tried one with the smoke pole a while back, but it wasn't the same rush as getting the bow drawn for me.

jay83196

Kevfish, what shells do you use and where are you aiming.

Thanks

certified jumbo

First hunt and gonna try the bow.

hookset

My 15 yo daughter will use her favorite 270. It will do the trick.

Archerysniper

A 100 grain slick trick half way back on the ribs with a quartering away shot and out in front of the off side shoulder.

Muthagoose

Wifes shooting her little 44rem mag ruger carbine 240 grain XTP...

She dumps'em at the site last couple just backed the trailer right to em...

reinhard1

7mm mag with 150 grain. good luck.

TooTallTom

Muthagoose, those are great little guns. I have one that I'm mounting a reflex sight on for a combination deer/ hog gun. I'm looking for an add-on comb for the stock since the sight is kind of high and I like the cheek weld, but I'm pretty excited about it.

HNTNBUX

100 grain rage for me.

leech~~

First hunt and gonna try the bow.

If it's your first ever Bear hunt, do yourself a favor and bring your gun to camp as well. I know a few people who setup a really close stand for a bow and the next night. Moved their stand back and had a gun in their hand. shocked We all get Mucho until we get out in the woods when it's getting dark miles from no where. grin

charliepete

I shot my first bear ever with a bow. One friend took a bow bear for his first ever big game animal. Bear hunting over bait is made for archery. You know where the bear is going, you have plenty of time to look them over and calm down, and you can position the bait for a good quartering shot. A few bits of advice for the new bear bowhunters...don't give yourself a really steep shot angle. For a 20 yard shot I don't want to be any higher that 14 feet up or so. I've seen plenty of bears lost to guys who want to put the stand 25 feet up and 15 yards off because they don't want to get too close to the bears and the overestimate distance to the stand tree when putting the bait out. If you one lung a bear good luck finding them. With that thick hair they don't put down blood like a deer. Throw a pistol in the backpack for the walk out if you are new to the bear woods. It's a long walk out when you've passed on a sow with cubs and know she is somewhere in the inky dark as you walk out.

Outdoor Authority

I am going to use the crossbow this year. I want to harvest a bear with every leagal weapon allowable. I have left to use a pistol long bow/recurve and a crossbow. I cant wait to see their eyes stairing me down as I sit still in the ground blind ten yards from the bait. Nothing gives a better rush than hunting bear eye to eye on the ground. Good luck to all in what every they use. Just remember two holes in a bear is a dead bear.

Boar

Dangit ya beat me to it, cant get mine outa layawya till after season. grin But doing the same thing, just got pistol cross bow recurve an longbow to go. Good luck. Outdoor.

Boar

Oh an the Vulcan nerve pinch, little more practice on my dog an I,ll have it down. Boar

TooTallTom

So, boar, how twitchy is your dog? grin

bigbucks

Was going to use the .06 for my first ever bear, but didn't get drawn. Have to try again next year...

jay83196

Decided on 200 grain nosler partion

walleye365

if i would of been drawn i would of used the bow. my first and only bear was with bow and didnt go 30yds that was a rush maybe next year.